Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 9 guests, and 44 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
 Trending Topics(Posts)
1.The Next Stage - Plan B, Protection Phase6
2.The Joke Thread2
3.Woman urges NC lawmakers to end child marriage: For her it was a ‘life sentence’1
4.Updates Divorce Stats1
5.The Demand Man1
6.What's Wrong With "I Messages"1
7.I had a black dog. His name was depression1
8.Changes to MA's Main Menu Bar0
9.Disappearing Posts and Threads0
10.New process for display name change requests0
*By replies in last 2 weeks.
In The Media(Posts)
Woman urges NC lawmakers to end child marriage: For her it was a ‘life sentence’1
COVID-19 and the Increased Likelihood of Affairs3
Does anyone remember this story?3
Validation to find-win-win slutions2
Things men want3
These Are The Signs You're Dating A Narcissist3
Girlfriend's 'controlling' list of 22 rules for boyfriend goes viral: 'She sounds crazy'9
What Divorced Men Wish They Had Done Differently In Their Marriages7
Alienation of Affection / Criminal Conversation9
Would you pay your ex a 'break-up fee'? - BBC3
more >>
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Enough is Enough!
08/03/21 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Fergie
Originally Posted by SFB
Do you know about Plan A/B and what they are all about?

Yeah, I do. And I think in the real world the only Plan A that works is in a Dead Bedroom where the person implementing Plan A is the low libido spouse. Which is statistically zero in real life.

The rest is just duded-up advice most normies (who aren't immersed in marriage advice forums) would give, except it's rules and nomenclature would make most average people look at anyone explaining like they had two heads.

Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate the good grift MB has going. If people want to throw money at you, more power to you.

But marriage is about compatibility. If your spouse is cheating on you, you aren't compatible. Most average people get that.

Originally Posted by star*fish
What I appreciate about Plan B for instance--is that if a BS can successfully disengage from the affair and do some self-nurturing, they are infinitely better off if the marriage cannot be saved.

I wouldn't call it self-nurturing. I would call it "the need to figure out what's wrong with you, because you want to stay with someone who is incompatible with you".

I was separated and had filed for divorce when I did what I called my plan B.

So you believe everyone who has an affair does not deserve a chance to repair their marriage?
126 125,522 Read More
Other Topics
08/03/21 11:00 AM
Thanks for these 'Lil smile
1,199 2,210,461 Read More
Marriage News
08/02/21 11:40 PM
The North Carolina girl never intended to be in this situation.

Pregnant at 15.

Marrying the 17-year-old father.

But it was 1996.

And the girl lived in Eden, a conservative town bordering Virginia, with a population around 15,000 and a community that believed the only thing a girl could do in this situation was take responsibility for becoming pregnant and make it right.
“It was very shaming and very uncomfortable,” said the girl, now a 40-year-old woman.

Agreeing to marry the father, court documents show, led to years of abuse, which she’s still trying to escape.

And her experience is being repeated with teenagers in North Carolina today.

CHILD MARRIAGES IN NORTH CAROLINA
Under North Carolina law, 14- or 15-year-olds can marry if they become pregnant and 16- or 17-year-olds can marry with a parent’s permission.

Article Here
0 22 Read More
Troubled Marriage
08/02/21 01:16 AM
Bump
7 4,390 Read More
Other guides
08/01/21 07:25 AM
Sad, I was going to bump this but it looks like the embedded video has gone 😔😔
3 5,080 Read More
Other guides
08/01/21 07:23 AM
Bump
27 27,561 Read More
Preparing for Success in Marriage
07/25/21 04:58 PM
Well, those states sure were an encouraging surprise! Thanks, Lil!
3 138 Read More
Blogging Central
07/15/21 03:22 AM
Hugs, 'Lil. It's hard re-learning how to put ourselves as a priority. Usually we are all last in the line...
1,121 1,711,062 Read More
Other guides
07/12/21 11:32 PM
Bump!
20 26,349 Read More
Tech Support & Suggestion Box
07/11/21 04:24 AM
After this crazy year, it’s something FUN to look forward to!
41 9,654 Read More
Peer Counseling
07/09/21 01:36 AM
From J.E. Brown:

gaslighting
A common form of brainwashing in which an abuser tries to falsely convince the victim that the victim is defective, for any purpose whatsoever, such as making the victim more pliable and easily controlled, or making the victim more emotional and therefore more needy and dependent.

Often done by friends and family members, who claim (and may even believe) that they are trying to be helpful. The gaslighting abuser sees himself or herself as a nurturing parental figure in relation to the victim, and uses gaslighting as a means for keeping the victim in that relationship, perhaps as punishment for the victim's attempt to break out of the dependent role.

Example 1: If an abusive person says hurtful things and makes you cry, and then, instead of apologizing and taking responsibility, starts recommending treatments for what he or she calls "your depression" or "your mood swings," you are in the presence of a gaslighter.

Example 2: If someone insults you or criticizes you, and then pretends it was a joke and asks "Don't you have a sense of humor?", that's gaslighting.

Perception blaming is a common form of gaslighting, and a common technique for evading the consequences of one's actions. Example: "I'm sorry you perceived my words that way; it wasn't my intention." Translation: "You are perceptually defective. Everyone else in the world can read my mind; if you can't, there must be something wrong with you. Or so I'd like you to believe." Unspoken Message: "My intention should change your actions (even though it didn't change mine)." This presupposes the reasoning "Most people are judged for their actions; but *I* want to be judged for my unseen intentions."
11 1,668 Read More
Blogging Central
07/08/21 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by Mimi
Life is so amazing

Hey Mimi,

Are you still around?

Ace
30 552 Read More
Newest Members
Love_Smacked, starfire, JoyfulMimi, bruers, shattered72
2048 Registered Users
Latest Topics(Posts)
Woman urges NC lawmakers to end child marriage: For her it was a ‘life sentence’1
63 Marriage Facts1
COVID-19 and the Increased Likelihood of Affairs3
Updates Divorce Stats4
no more rainbow members?9
BR - The Art of War - Sun Tzu5
Questions & Answers About Marriage---responses from 7-10 year old kids4
seeing new members on mobile version5
Return of the Goddess31
Chrisner - the war of the waywards3
Community Information
2048Members
1Penalty Box