Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 3 guests, and 38 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
 Trending Topics(Posts)
1.How to deconstruct a marriage.0
2.I am Sick, I am Sad, and I am needing some support.0
3.SIHW is back and Dealing with issues....0
4.looking for some support0
5.Social Networking Sites and Infidelity0
6.Signs of Infidelity0
7.The Difference Between Cheating and Infidelity?0
8.Not really sure how to survive0
9.The Five Big Lies That Keep You From Changing0
10.Pregnant and getting put out of the house by my husband0
*By replies in last 2 weeks.
In The Media(Posts)
Woman urges NC lawmakers to end child marriage: For her it was a ‘life sentence’3
COVID-19 and the Increased Likelihood of Affairs3
Does anyone remember this story?3
Validation to find-win-win slutions2
Things men want3
These Are The Signs You're Dating A Narcissist3
Girlfriend's 'controlling' list of 22 rules for boyfriend goes viral: 'She sounds crazy'9
What Divorced Men Wish They Had Done Differently In Their Marriages7
Alienation of Affection / Criminal Conversation9
Would you pay your ex a 'break-up fee'? - BBC3
more >>
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 109 of 110 1 2 107 108 109 110
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Lil] #328931
01/01/14 11:07 PM
01/01/14 11:07 PM
Not quite here
Squeaky Tree Offline
Squeaky Tree  Offline
Not quite here
Shock absorbers are great!

Lil, when you get chance please can you tell me about the Whole30, I can't actually find anything worth reading on the website (and I can't watch you tube vids)

DD and I are going to do couch to 5k to break me back in gently and to keep me taking it easy so that I don't end up over stressing myself again.....let's just say I now have boooooooobs, rather than just boobs and alth0ugh I feel good about myself I want to do more and just encourage DD to do a little more (which she is keen to do anyway)

We really need to tackle the food too,

How are the aerobics going lil?

Married 22years (this year) ~13y since dday(?)
DD17 DS14
Which way do you like yourself? ~ Stosny
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Squeaky Tree] #328935
01/01/14 11:32 PM
01/01/14 11:32 PM
New Zealand
Lil Offline

Lil  Offline

New Zealand
The link and info is below. Im not sure it'll suit you tho, because I remember you saying once that increasing fats and lowering grain upset your tummy a bit. Im not being 100% with it, mostly just doing dairy free for the 30 days because of beetles Keratosis Pilaris - we're already grain free and those are the two leading agrivators. However we are ditching the sugars and artificial sweetners as well. Hopper is going to miss her peanut butter on a spoon snack tho smile

meh, its for 30 days. Im sure we'll survive. be interesting to see if any of us does end up being able to identify a food intolerance.

it does warn that around day 2-4 we might feel a bit lousy as we go thru withdrawls from any items we have an addiction and/or allergy to

Whole 30

Quote:
Eat real food meat, seafood, eggs, tons of vegetables, some fruit, and plenty of good fats from fruits, oils, nuts and seeds. Eat foods with very few ingredients, all pronounceable ingredients, or better yet, no ingredients listed at all because theyre totally natural and unprocessed. Dont worry these guidelines are outlined in extensive detail in our free shopping list.

More importantly, heres what NOT to eat during the duration of your Whole30 program. Omitting all of these foods and beverages will help you regain your healthy metabolism, reduce systemic inflammation, and help you discover how these foods are truly impacting your health, fitness and quality of life.

Do not consume added sugar of any kind, real or artificial. No maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, coconut sugar, Splenda, Equal, Nutrasweet, xylitol, stevia, etc. Read your labels, because companies sneak sugar into products in ways you might not recognize.

Do not consume alcohol, in any form, not even for cooking. (And it should go without saying, but no tobacco products of any sort, either.)

Do not eat grains. This includes (but is not limited to) wheat, rye, barley, oats, corn, rice, millet, bulgur, sorghum, amaranth, buckwheat, sprouted grains and all of those gluten-free pseudo-grains like quinoa. Yes, we said corn for the purposes of this program, corn is a grain! This also includes all the ways we add wheat, corn and rice into our foods in the form of bran, germ, starch and so on. Again, read your labels.

Do not eat legumes. This includes beans of all kinds (black, red, pinto, navy, white, kidney, lima, fava, etc.), peas, chickpeas, lentils, and peanuts. No peanut butter, either. This also includes all forms of soy soy sauce, miso, tofu, tempeh, edamame, and all the ways we sneak soy into foods (like lecithin).

Do not eat dairy. This includes cow, goat or sheeps milk products such as cream, cheese (hard or soft), kefir, yogurt (even Greek), and sour cream with the exception of clarified butter or ghee. (See below for details.)

Do not consume carrageenan, MSG or sulfites. If these ingredients appear in any form on the label of your processed food or beverage, its out for the Whole30.

Do not eat white potatoes. This is somewhat arbitrary, but if we are trying to change your habits and improve the hormonal impact of your food choices, its best to leave white, red, purple, Yukon gold and fingerling potatoes off your plate.

In addition, no Paleo-ifying dessert or junk food choices. Trying to shove your old, unhealthy diet into a shiny new Whole30 mold will ruin your program faster than you can say, Paleo pizza. This means no desserts or junk food made with approved ingredientsno coconut-flour pancakes, almond-flour muffins, flourless brownies, or coconut milk ice cream. Dont try to replicate junk food during your 30 days! That misses the point of the Whole30 entirely.

One last and final rule. You are not allowed to step on the scale or take any body measurements for the duration of the program. This is about so much more than just weight loss, and to focus on your body composition means youll miss out on the most dramatic and lifelong benefits this plan has to offer. So, no weighing yourself, analyzing body fat or taking comparative measurements during your Whole30. (We do encourage you to weigh yourself before and after, however, so you can see one of the more tangible results of your efforts when your program is over.)
The Fine Print

A few concessions, based on our experience, and those of our clients. These foods are exceptions to the rule, and are allowed during your Whole30. Including these foods as part of your varied healthy eating plan should not negatively impact the results of your Whole30 program.

Clarified Butter or Ghee. Clarified butter or ghee is the only source of dairy allowed during your Whole30. Plain old butter is NOT allowed, as the milk proteins found in non-clarified butter could impact the results of your program. Refer to our Butter Manifesto for more details on the milk proteins found in butter, purchasing high quality butter, and how to clarify it yourself.

Fruit juice as a sweetener. Some products will use orange or apple juice as a sweetener. We have to draw the line somewhere, so were okay with a small amount of fruit juice as an added ingredient during your Whole30 but this doesnt mean a cup of fruit juice is a healthy choice! Refer to your Shopping Guide for clarification.

Certain legumes. Were fine with green beans, sugar snap peas and snow peas. While theyre technically a legume, these are far more pod than bean, and green plant matter is generally good for you.

Vinegar. Most forms of vinegar, including white, balsamic, apple cider, red wine, and rice, are allowed during your Whole30 program. The only exceptions are vinegars with added sugar, or malt vinegar, which generally contains gluten.

Processed foods. Minimally processed foods like canned coconut milk, applesauce, tomato sauce, chicken broth or canned olives are all acceptable on the Whole30 but remember, avoid anything with carageenan, MSG or sulfites. Weve singled these three additives/preservatives out because they all have potentially nasty side effects and you can easily find processed foods without them. (Refer to It Starts With Food for details on why we exclude these three in particular.)
Whole 30

AKA Lildoggie

Just found out about your spouses affair?
Infidelity Guide For The Betrayed Spouse

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Lil] #343337
04/08/14 02:27 AM
04/08/14 02:27 AM
NewEveryDay Offline
Advocate
NewEveryDay  Offline
Advocate
Bumping the goddess thread, I miss it! What have you all been doing? I got my hair colored two tone, a dark blond base and caramel highlights. I had a bout of dandruff and the dandruff shampoo left me with bleach blond highlights, and I love it!

Kinda like this

"I have everything I need." and "I am exactly where I am supposed to be." ~Louise Hays
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: NewEveryDay] #343393
04/08/14 01:52 PM
04/08/14 01:52 PM
midwest
Miranda Offline
Global Moderator
Miranda  Offline
Global Moderator
midwest
I have to have special shoes, because of foot pain. We found out this is common with fibromyalgia. It's a bummer, cause I like pretty shoes, and it is especially a bummer in the summer, cause I LOVE sandals. Well fortunately, there's these sandals, called Orthaheel! Which are still a little cute, and are sandals. But they're pretty expensive. Well, last night I found a site that has them for less than HALF price. Hubby says I can get TWO new pairs this year!

I'm choosing one pair in this style...not sure on color, but not black, I'm saving my black for the next pair..

and this is my black pair

When we open to this moment and don't judge it or try to change it, even when we're suffering and wish it were otherwise, we tap into the spaciousness of mind that allows us to move forward skillfully, with discernment and joy. -- Sharon Salzberg
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Miranda] #343537
04/09/14 01:49 AM
04/09/14 01:49 AM
wiser_now Offline
wiser_now  Offline
Oh, hair and shoes!

I tried to go grey. I honestly grew it all out and had only my real hair color. It was... well... I'd hoped to look like Jamie Lee Curtis. Think Ted Koppel. Not. Pretty. So, I'm dying it again... brown... with gold... smile

I want more shoes. When I moved to Canada, I left all my pretties... too many to carry. Ever since I started having foot problems, I only wear (please don't make fun of me) orthopedics. Oh my god... I can't even imagine a strappy sandal. I love the white ones, Miranda!

A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short. --Andre Maurois

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: wiser_now] #343542
04/09/14 02:18 AM
04/09/14 02:18 AM
Carolina Blue Heaven
P
peppermint Offline
peppermint  Offline
P
Carolina Blue Heaven
Those black ones are adorable! I love, love shoes. I have been skimping on buying clothes, promising myself I would lose weight. But still buying shoes cause that size will not change!

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: peppermint] #343560
04/09/14 06:22 AM
04/09/14 06:22 AM
New Zealand
Lil Offline

Lil  Offline

New Zealand
Ive been using a lightening shampoo for a few months...just to bleach out the greys a bit wink

Most goddessy thing I've done lately was spending most of a day applying make up and styling hair. I ended up making a pretty good zombie, so not sure that exactly counts...

AKA Lildoggie

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Lil] #343577
04/09/14 01:05 PM
04/09/14 01:05 PM
midwest
Miranda Offline
Global Moderator
Miranda  Offline
Global Moderator
midwest
Wiser, those sandals ARE orthopedic! They are called Orthaheel! look them up...... And the styles are not bad at all. I mean they aren't as cute as what the young girls can wear, but.... They have some wedge styles now, but I am not trusting those. Too afraid they won't work for me and I will have wasted $100 (they normally sell for between $77-$120 US...but on the website I found them for around 35-55!)

Seriously I wear nothing else now, I wear my last year's sandals all over the house as slippers, they are so comfortable. And last year they started making regular shoes, so I bought my work shoes, a pair of cute slip on loafers with a bow off to the side. Bad thing is they are all man made materials, so they only last about 1 season, then they are worn out....

When we open to this moment and don't judge it or try to change it, even when we're suffering and wish it were otherwise, we tap into the spaciousness of mind that allows us to move forward skillfully, with discernment and joy. -- Sharon Salzberg
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Miranda] #345866
04/29/14 06:07 PM
04/29/14 06:07 PM
NewEveryDay Offline
Advocate
NewEveryDay  Offline
Advocate
At the place I am going to for laser hair removal, they are promoting Vanquish for fat loss. I haven't been good at sticking to a diet "lifestyle change" for long for 7 years now, and think maybe a sudden change in size would be a good jump start. Anyone heard of or tried this? Any advice?

"I have everything I need." and "I am exactly where I am supposed to be." ~Louise Hays
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445516
05/20/21 07:12 AM
05/20/21 07:12 AM
New Zealand
Lil Offline

Lil  Offline

New Zealand
Now this is a thread to bump.

I admit, I dont follow the very specific examples that Mimi shared, but I dont slop around in scruffy clothes.... as much. I mean, stacking firewood in heels is hard!

I am working more in my appearance right now, I had slacked off some, and flick seems appreciative.

Is everyone else keeping the standards up, or have we all let it go over the 10 ish years this thread has run?

AKA Lildoggie

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445545
05/20/21 01:21 PM
05/20/21 01:21 PM
star*fish Offline
Board of Directors
star*fish  Offline
Board of Directors
It's been hard to get motivated about appearance during this pandemic. But even though I see very few people--it does make me feel better to get dolled up. Once the mask comes off--they'll be no more hiding.

"Yes, I'll have the love combo, open faced with a side of respect and large a glass of forgiveness, easy on the ice please--my brother
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445549
05/20/21 08:07 PM
05/20/21 08:07 PM
New Zealand
Lil Offline

Lil  Offline

New Zealand
I forgot you guys still have covid issues. I did gain a bunch of weight over that here, lost some, a bit is creeping back so I guess I need to knuckle down.

As far as clothes, because of my new job, I have to look pretty sharp so its manageable. I have spent more on clothing in the last 3 months than I would have spent in the last 3 years, and the majority of it has a recognizable label!

AKA Lildoggie

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445557
05/21/21 06:54 AM
05/21/21 06:54 AM
NewEveryDay Offline
Advocate
NewEveryDay  Offline
Advocate
Yes star so fun to dress up even for the afternoon!

Lil good on you for treating yourself to some sharp clothes! Any recommendations?

Ihad fun doing my hair red last year, which has faded to a beautiful strawberry blonde. Thanks for the bump lil because it’s definitely time to do my roots this weekend. I have some pretty masks that mix and match with my blouses because my clothes are all similar colors. I invested in good shoes this year and wish I’d done that years ago even being in the house. I work remotely but I have a desk where I can raise it up to go from sitting to standing to give my back a break.

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445558
05/21/21 07:32 AM
05/21/21 07:32 AM
New Zealand
Lil Offline

Lil  Offline

New Zealand
My boss bought the first lot of clothes, and that was a surreal experience. Once I had a handle on the style, brands, colors, I just added to them. I'm not sure kiwi brands would translate well to the states tho?

Clothing tends to be Zara, jacqui e, Karen walker, dotti, and oliver black. Shoes either Isabella anselmi, or mi piaci.

I am finding wearing heels 4 days a week is hard on these aging knees and toes. I also acquired a white puppy just before starting a job that requires me to wear black most days, which makes for interesting challenges.

Oh, does anyone have a nifty trick to stop skirts clinging to tights. I tried the moisturizer one, but it didnt work well for long

AKA Lildoggie

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445560
05/21/21 11:31 AM
05/21/21 11:31 AM
B
Blair Online
Blair  Online
B
Did you try the antistatic spray or a quick dryer sheet rub? All my skirts have a satin liner, so I don't have to worry about that so much.

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445569
05/21/21 09:29 PM
05/21/21 09:29 PM
New Zealand
Lil Offline

Lil  Offline

New Zealand
Never heard of the spray, but I'll see if the supermarket has any dryer sheets. Thanx!

AKA Lildoggie

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445575
05/22/21 02:23 AM
05/22/21 02:23 AM
M
Mimi Offline OP
Mimi  Offline OP
M
Hi! It’s Mimi! I have returned! I started a new thread before figuring out how to post here. What have you lovely ladies been talking about?

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445576
05/22/21 03:02 AM
05/22/21 03:02 AM
Ace Offline
Advocate
Ace  Offline
Advocate
Originally Posted by Mimi
Hi! It’s Mimi! I have returned! I started a new thread before figuring out how to post here. What have you lovely ladies been talking about?

Hey! Hi Mimi,

So glad to see you're back. I'm sure the other real Goddesses will welcome you back, too.

Hugz to you.

Ace

We're overcoming decades of marital dysfunction including abuse, passive aggression, gas-lighting & infidelity (both of us).

Our Weird and Ongoing Story
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Lil] #445577
05/22/21 03:11 AM
05/22/21 03:11 AM
M
Mimi Offline OP
Mimi  Offline OP
M
It’s Mimi! I have kept my standards up but I have a completely different dress style.

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445578
05/22/21 03:17 AM
05/22/21 03:17 AM
M
Mimi Offline OP
Mimi  Offline OP
M
I got rid of all of my pants and all of my heels (did that a long time ago). I’m not sure why I am so into dresses now. I wear them with leggings.

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445579
05/22/21 03:18 AM
05/22/21 03:18 AM
Ace Offline
Advocate
Ace  Offline
Advocate
Originally Posted by Mimi
It’s Mimi! I have kept my standards up but I have a completely different dress style.

So why did you change your completely different dress style?

We're overcoming decades of marital dysfunction including abuse, passive aggression, gas-lighting & infidelity (both of us).

Our Weird and Ongoing Story
Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445583
05/22/21 04:32 AM
05/22/21 04:32 AM
New Zealand
Lil Offline

Lil  Offline

New Zealand
I started a new job, was a vet nurse, so comfortable casual stretchy clothes to allow for contorting into safe holding animal positions. Now I'm an apprentice funeral director/embalmer so the standard is very high at all times apart from working in the mortuary. I have heels on most of the time, and makeup. When I started doing this, I kept thinking what would Mimi do grin

AKA Lildoggie

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Lil] #445586
05/22/21 10:03 AM
05/22/21 10:03 AM
M
Mimi Offline OP
Mimi  Offline OP
M
Wow, Lil! That’s quite a switch-up! However, that sounds exciting and interesting.

Gotta have the makeup no matter what, even under my mask. But, you could not get me to wear any heels. I’ve gotten to the age where care of my knees and hips is of utmost importance.

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Ace] #445587
05/22/21 10:07 AM
05/22/21 10:07 AM
M
Mimi Offline OP
Mimi  Offline OP
M
Dress style? Change is the thing for Goddesses to do. I have to stay current. lol

Re: Goddess Central: The Life of a Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445624
05/23/21 11:33 PM
05/23/21 11:33 PM
New Zealand
Lil Offline

Lil  Offline

New Zealand
The standard work wants to quite different from my normal style but I am adapting. I still have buying traits I will never drop I think....sales are great, lightly preloved is ok.

It does bug me how much of it is dry clean only though, it's not cheap where I live and I cant claim it back on tax

AKA Lildoggie

Page 109 of 110 1 2 107 108 109 110

Moderated by  Fiddler, Miranda 

Newest Members
Love_Smacked, starfire, JoyfulMimi, bruers, shattered72
2048 Registered Users
Latest Topics(Posts)
Hearts Blessing4
Woman urges NC lawmakers to end child marriage: For her it was a ‘life sentence’3
63 Marriage Facts1
COVID-19 and the Increased Likelihood of Affairs3
Updates Divorce Stats4
no more rainbow members?9
BR - The Art of War - Sun Tzu5
Questions & Answers About Marriage---responses from 7-10 year old kids4
seeing new members on mobile version5
Return of the Goddess31
Community Information
2048Members
1Penalty Box
6Suspended