Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 3 guests, and 34 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
 Trending Topics(Posts)
1.How to deconstruct a marriage.0
2.I am Sick, I am Sad, and I am needing some support.0
3.SIHW is back and Dealing with issues....0
4.looking for some support0
5.Social Networking Sites and Infidelity0
6.Signs of Infidelity0
7.The Difference Between Cheating and Infidelity?0
8.Not really sure how to survive0
9.The Five Big Lies That Keep You From Changing0
10.Pregnant and getting put out of the house by my husband0
*By replies in last 2 weeks.
In The Media(Posts)
Woman urges NC lawmakers to end child marriage: For her it was a ‘life sentence’3
COVID-19 and the Increased Likelihood of Affairs3
Does anyone remember this story?3
Validation to find-win-win slutions2
Things men want3
These Are The Signs You're Dating A Narcissist3
Girlfriend's 'controlling' list of 22 rules for boyfriend goes viral: 'She sounds crazy'9
What Divorced Men Wish They Had Done Differently In Their Marriages7
Alienation of Affection / Criminal Conversation9
Would you pay your ex a 'break-up fee'? - BBC3
more >>
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage with Mark Gunger coming to Columbia, MO #150909
08/26/11 04:04 PM
08/26/11 04:04 PM
The Dark Side of the Moon
AntigoneRisen Offline OP
Board of Directors
AntigoneRisen  Offline OP
Board of Directors

Originally Posted By: Laugh Your Way
Mark Gungor's hilarious Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage seminar is coming to Columbia, MO! We hope you'll join us as a trained video presenter leads us through this life-changing seminar, including the insightful Flag Page program.

Columbia, MO
Christian Fellowship of Columbia

Friday, September 23, 2011
7:00pm - 10:00pm

Saturday, September 24, 2011
9:00am - 12:30pm

Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage with Mark Gunger coming to Columbia, MO

Critical Thinking: The Other National Deficit

"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Re: Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage with Mark Gunger coming to Columbia, MO [Re: AntigoneRisen] #155043
09/08/11 02:10 PM
09/08/11 02:10 PM
Misty Offline
Misty  Offline
I notice that they also sell DVD sets of this seminar. I thought it might be a good idea for my H and I to watch this together. (The seminars are too far away for us.)

Does anyone here have any recommendations on this speaker? Is it a good approach? Is it heavily religious?

Thanks!

I am working very hard to heal after 8 years in an emotionally abusive marriage.
Re: Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage with Mark Gunger coming to Columbia, MO [Re: Misty] #155082
09/08/11 04:44 PM
09/08/11 04:44 PM
Misty Offline
Misty  Offline
Saw the thread on Mark Gunger's work in the other area.

I went ahead and ordered the DVD set from Amazon, as a gift to celebrate our anniversary of our first date and anniversary of the day we got engaged. On Amazon, it got great reviews. Some people complained it wasn't Christian enough, which means it shouldn't be too religious for me.

I am working very hard to heal after 8 years in an emotionally abusive marriage.
Re: Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage with Mark Gunger coming to Columbia, MO [Re: Misty] #156985
09/13/11 07:04 PM
09/13/11 07:04 PM
AntigoneRisen Offline OP
Board of Directors
AntigoneRisen  Offline OP
Board of Directors
I'm an Atheist, and I still like Mark's stuff.

Critical Thinking: The Other National Deficit

"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Re: Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage with Mark Gunger coming to Columbia, MO [Re: Misty] #157068
09/13/11 10:47 PM
09/13/11 10:47 PM
Texas
Larry Offline
Larry  Offline
Texas
Originally Posted By: Misty
Saw the thread on Mark Gunger's work in the other area.

I went ahead and ordered the DVD set from Amazon, as a gift to celebrate our anniversary of our first date and anniversary of the day we got engaged. On Amazon, it got great reviews. Some people complained it wasn't Christian enough, which means it shouldn't be too religious for me.

That his work isn't Christian enough comes from those who seek to dominate women as opposed to being partners. He actually has a YouTube on the subject. And in that one, he doesn't even try to be funny, he is serious.

Larry

It's often the truth we hide from ourselves that causes the most damage in life.

My old email address no longer works.
Re: Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage with Mark Gunger coming to Columbia, MO [Re: Larry] #157162
09/14/11 03:05 PM
09/14/11 03:05 PM
Misty Offline
Misty  Offline
We watched the Mark Gungor DVDs this weekend. They were funny but I didn't find a lot in them that applied to us. They were mainly focused on men supposedly wanting more sex (not us, but we were supposed to somehow "extrapolate") and men not helping enough around the house (again not a problem for us).

The DVD on his flag personality test was interesting, but it was disappointing that to actually take the test online you have to pay $15 a person. On the DVD, he said you can get one code from buying his book, but this is no longer true. If you pay $50 for his DVD set, I feel that you should get the code instead of it being a marketing ploy.

In terms of the personality testing, it was pretty obvious to us what "countries" we each come from. My H is mainly from Control Country and I am from Perfect country. This explains why my H always wants to hurry up and get things on the to-do list done while I struggle with the details wanting to follow the manual and getting them right. We already knew we were like this, but it was interesting to hear someone else describe us so accurately. My H constantly craves appreciation (his top EN) and I am very easily wounded emotionally needing a lot of emotional support. My H felt very bad when Mark Gungor described how people from Perfect country (like me) get very wounded and carry along the pain for years. I don't think he ever realized before why I am in so much pain from my past.

Overall I felt that the DVD set was funny, but a bit shallow and did not have a lot of practical advice for our marriage in particular.

Moderated by  Miranda 

Newest Members
Love_Smacked, starfire, JoyfulMimi, bruers, shattered72
2048 Registered Users
Latest Topics(Posts)
Hearts Blessing4
Woman urges NC lawmakers to end child marriage: For her it was a ‘life sentence’3
63 Marriage Facts1
COVID-19 and the Increased Likelihood of Affairs3
Updates Divorce Stats4
no more rainbow members?9
BR - The Art of War - Sun Tzu5
Questions & Answers About Marriage---responses from 7-10 year old kids4
seeing new members on mobile version5
Return of the Goddess31
Community Information
2048Members
1Penalty Box
6Suspended