Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 3 guests, and 38 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
 Trending Topics(Posts)
1.How to deconstruct a marriage.0
2.I am Sick, I am Sad, and I am needing some support.0
3.SIHW is back and Dealing with issues....0
4.looking for some support0
5.Social Networking Sites and Infidelity0
6.Signs of Infidelity0
7.The Difference Between Cheating and Infidelity?0
8.Not really sure how to survive0
9.The Five Big Lies That Keep You From Changing0
10.Pregnant and getting put out of the house by my husband0
*By replies in last 2 weeks.
In The Media(Posts)
Woman urges NC lawmakers to end child marriage: For her it was a ‘life sentence’3
COVID-19 and the Increased Likelihood of Affairs3
Does anyone remember this story?3
Validation to find-win-win slutions2
Things men want3
These Are The Signs You're Dating A Narcissist3
Girlfriend's 'controlling' list of 22 rules for boyfriend goes viral: 'She sounds crazy'9
What Divorced Men Wish They Had Done Differently In Their Marriages7
Alienation of Affection / Criminal Conversation9
Would you pay your ex a 'break-up fee'? - BBC3
more >>
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20
Re: I was thinking... [Re: Squeaky Tree] #57643
01/24/11 09:16 PM
01/24/11 09:16 PM
Gateway to the West
N
Not2fun Offline
Not2fun  Offline
N
Gateway to the West
{{{{{{Mark}}}}}}}}

It's interesting for me to read some of these back dates to your story. So much of what you went through, your healing....was during the time you mentored me....I am honored and blessed.... hug

Moving you and your W to second on my prayer list...... angel

Not

" If you couldn't change your partner when you were together, you sure aren't going to now that you aren't together..." Words of the teacher of the court mandated parenting class...and the ONE thing that stuck out to me!!!
Re: I was thinking... [Re: Squeaky Tree] #57657
01/24/11 09:45 PM
01/24/11 09:45 PM
SFB Offline
SFB  Offline
Mark:

With the knowledge that you have now, may it make the session of treatment faster and easier...

Time to change your envirnoment, maybe something is causing this..

((Mark))

SFB

Finding an ethical way to deal with pain, fear, disappointment etc..is part of the experience of becoming a stronger person...one who is driven by compassion instead of compulsion...ie I have a legitimate reason to be stressed out right now...however, my response to it will determine how others percieve me, and myself. (quoting Star*Fish)
Re: I was thinking... [Re: SFB] #57689
01/24/11 10:23 PM
01/24/11 10:23 PM
SW Chicago 'burbs
Mark1952 Offline OP
Board of Directors
Mark1952  Offline OP
Board of Directors
SW Chicago 'burbs
Originally Posted By: SFB
maybe something is causing this..
Ya think?

Same house.
Same job.
Same wife.
Same kids, though neither lives with us anymore.
Same granddaughter, though she is a little older now.
Added a new dog but still have the old one.
Have one cat now but had two back then.
Same church.

None of that changed during the intervening 4 years.

Ahha!

I had just started getting into posting at MB back then and just recently started posting here.

It all starts with a new on line forum!

Posting here is making me sick! grin

Naw, that can't be it...

Can it?

What is so exasperating about this is that acinetobacters just don't cause this in healthy people. Some diabetics have a problem with wounds that refuse to heal and those wounds might get infected at times. No other indicators of diabetic symptoms of any kind. Wounds typically heal quickly and do not become infected. scratch

People with compromised immune systems sometimes get an infection from acinetobacters. I haven't even had a cold in over two years! cool

People with acutely taxed immune systems due to traumatic injury can sometimes get the stuff. I haven't been blown up or shot recently. wink

People who have spent a lot of time in the hospital sometimes get colonized by the stuff, but it usually shows up in the lunges as a form of pneumonia and even then seldom causes a skin infection. Today was my first visit to a doctor since I was given a clean bill of health in December of 07. dancing

In 06 I slowed down my fishing to try to save my marriage.

I recently slowed down my fishing again to concentrate on marriage classes and such.

I need to go fishing more often!

Wonder if Doc will write a 'script' for that?

More fishing and less posting. That's what I need to do!

mark1952.ma@gmail.com

I Was Thinking...

The secret to having a good marriage is to understand that marriage must be total, it must be permanent, and it must be equal.-- Frank Pittman
Re: I was thinking... [Re: Mark1952] #57781
01/24/11 11:51 PM
01/24/11 11:51 PM
SFB Offline
SFB  Offline
Originally Posted By: Mark1952
Originally Posted By: SFB
maybe something is causing this..
Ya think?

Same house.
Same job.
Same wife.
Same kids, though neither lives with us anymore.
Same granddaughter, though she is a little older now.
Added a new dog but still have the old one.
Have one cat now but had two back then.
Same church.

In 06 I slowed down my fishing to try to save my marriage.

I recently slowed down my fishing again to concentrate on marriage classes and such.

Yes, more fishing. No matter what.

There will be others to post, but only ONE to catch the fish....

SFB

Finding an ethical way to deal with pain, fear, disappointment etc..is part of the experience of becoming a stronger person...one who is driven by compassion instead of compulsion...ie I have a legitimate reason to be stressed out right now...however, my response to it will determine how others percieve me, and myself. (quoting Star*Fish)
Re: I was thinking... [Re: SFB] #57783
01/24/11 11:56 PM
01/24/11 11:56 PM
New Zealand
Lil Offline

Lil  Offline

New Zealand
Mark I love your wisdom and sense of humour.

I am so sorry this is happening again. Am defiantly adding you to my prayer list, and to the prayer chain.

AKA Lildoggie

Just found out about your spouses affair?
Infidelity Guide For The Betrayed Spouse

Re: I was thinking... [Re: Lil] #57800
01/25/11 12:12 AM
crazed student Offline
crazed student  Offline
Man, Mark. I'm sorry to hear this.

Yes, I think you do need to go fishing more...anything that will get your immune system pumped up.

Sending you good thoughts.

The artist formerly known as penaltykill
Re: I was thinking... [Re: Lil] #57801
Vittoria Offline
Vittoria  Offline
Oh Mark, sorry to hear that you have to deal with this again.
Here's hoping that those botics take care of it. pray

26 yrs. married
There's nothing more powerful than a woman with an open heart ......
Re: I was thinking... [Re: Vittoria] #58102
01/25/11 02:41 PM
01/25/11 02:41 PM
Ace Offline
Advocate
Ace  Offline
Advocate
Originally Posted By: Vittoria
Oh Mark, sorry to hear that you have to deal with this again.
Here's hoping that those botics take care of it. pray

blush Sorry, I first read that as "botox." blushing

Seriously, Mark, we are praying for you. pray Keep us updated on how those antibotics work...glad you were able to get help from similar resources. Hope your recovery will be quick and complete.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Mark & Mrs. Mark}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Ace

We're overcoming decades of marital dysfunction including abuse, passive aggression, gas-lighting & infidelity (both of us).

Our Weird and Ongoing Story
Re: I was thinking... [Re: Ace] #58167
01/25/11 04:13 PM
01/25/11 04:13 PM
crazed student Offline
crazed student  Offline
Mark, hope you are doing ok. I was thinking of your horse rescue organization today when I read an article by a vet about how the economy has hit the large animal sector.

I'm more of a dog person, but it was heartbreaking.

Re: I was thinking... [Re: Squeaky Tree] #58182
01/25/11 04:34 PM
01/25/11 04:34 PM
L
LadyGrey Offline
Professional Attorney
LadyGrey  Offline
Professional Attorney
L
Quote:
And each morning and evening I get to practice DIY debridement...

I almost lost my leg to a similar infection and had to do this -- had a hole in my leg about 2 X 1 down to the bone (hint to all readers, if the question arises when looking at an injury whether you are seeing the bone, Neosporin and hydrogen peroxide are inadequate remedies.) It is, um, not fun.

I got through it by focusing on the healthy tissue that was gradually revealed -- in retrospect, it was wondrous to watch my body regenerate from the bone up -- not a perspective we often get -- I wish I had taken photographs every couple of days.

I think about that a lot when considering my lungs healing from all the smoke they have endured -- helps me meditate on the power of life.

Blessings.

Bidden or not bidden God is present.
Re: I was thinking... [Re: LadyGrey] #58197
01/25/11 05:00 PM
01/25/11 05:00 PM
crazed student Offline
crazed student  Offline
And now you can think about how as a non-smoker you will heal so much more effectively should you sustain another tissue injury. (Hopefully you won't!)

Smoking doesn't ruin only the lungs....it impedes all your circulation. It's a total body destroyer.

Re: I was thinking... [Re: Mark1952] #58280
01/25/11 06:41 PM
01/25/11 06:41 PM
Gateway to the West
N
Not2fun Offline
Not2fun  Offline
N
Gateway to the West
Quote:

Yeah, FISHING.......I'm positive THAT'S the answer....... crazy

(I'm allowed to use sarcasm because I'm not trying to fill Marks Love Bucket!!!!..... :D)

Not

Ps....I gotcha on the prayer list.....even with church....maybe I can get my Grandma to say a rosery or two for ya..... grin

" If you couldn't change your partner when you were together, you sure aren't going to now that you aren't together..." Words of the teacher of the court mandated parenting class...and the ONE thing that stuck out to me!!!
Re: I was thinking... [Re: Not2fun] #58295
01/25/11 06:53 PM
01/25/11 06:53 PM
Medc Offline
Suspended
Medc  Offline
Suspended
Mark, I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Don't go shaking the [Bleep!] tree and expect an angel to fall out.

Liars lie and cheaters cheat...know it and don't be surprised. Protect yourself.

Re: I was thinking... [Re: crazed student] #58370
01/25/11 07:46 PM
01/25/11 07:46 PM
SW Chicago 'burbs
Mark1952 Offline OP
Board of Directors
Mark1952  Offline OP
Board of Directors
SW Chicago 'burbs
Originally Posted By: crazed student
Mark, hope you are doing ok. I was thinking of your horse rescue organization today when I read an article by a vet about how the economy has hit the large animal sector.

I'm more of a dog person, but it was heartbreaking.

Would you care to link the article in case the rest of us missed something worth seeing?

mark1952.ma@gmail.com

I Was Thinking...

The secret to having a good marriage is to understand that marriage must be total, it must be permanent, and it must be equal.-- Frank Pittman
Re: I was thinking... [Re: Medc] #58374
01/25/11 07:49 PM
01/25/11 07:49 PM
Looking4 Offline
Looking4  Offline
Holy jimminy crickets, Mark. I check in on you here a few times and there's nothing for over two weeks then this. I am so sorry that this is going on again. I remember very well what you shared elsewhere about this and I pray things resolve in a healthful way quickly.

So how can we help you? Do you want someone to sign on as your alias here and post as you to give you a break? Of course I'd ruin your wise and wonderful reputation in about one post if I tried and I'd completely decimate it in two posts, but I'll give it a shot if it'll get you back to better sooner.

Maybe we can picket your place of work to get you that long, deserved vacation?

Fly in a pool with fish to your backyard where you can cast from your living room?

Please take care of yourself and don't worry about us here. Yes, some of us are kind of crazy and certainly need your help, but we can get through things without you.

Kinda.

For a little while, anyway.

God bless you.

((((((Mark))))))

Last edited by Looking4; 01/25/11 07:50 PM.

Married 19 years
Two children - DS12 & DD10
Re: I was thinking... [Re: Looking4] #58391
01/25/11 08:08 PM
The Castle Aaaggghh...
herfuturesbright Offline
herfuturesbright  Offline
The Castle Aaaggghh...
We'll be praying too, Mark.

Quote:
Some diabetics have a problem with wounds that refuse to heal and those wounds might get infected at times. No other indicators of diabetic symptoms of any kind. Wounds typically heal quickly and do not become infected.

People with compromised immune systems sometimes get an infection from acinetobacters. I haven't even had a cold in over two years!

Have you ever been tested for diabetes? For type I, it is not believed that an overly strong immune system may actually increase the risk for diabetes because the eyelets of Langerhans are similar to bacteria and the immune system attacks them. I am just asking because as a diabetic my DH has had wound issues before (though nothing as bad as yours). If you hardly every get sick.....it might be worth asking about.

Re: I was thinking... [Re: LadyGrey] #58392
SW Chicago 'burbs
Mark1952 Offline OP
Board of Directors
Mark1952  Offline OP
Board of Directors
SW Chicago 'burbs
Originally Posted By: LadyGrey
Quote:
And each morning and evening I get to practice DIY debridement...

I almost lost my leg to a similar infection and had to do this -- had a hole in my leg about 2 X 1 down to the bone (hint to all readers, if the question arises when looking at an injury whether you are seeing the bone, Neosporin and hydrogen peroxide are inadequate remedies.) It is, um, not fun.

I got through it by focusing on the healthy tissue that was gradually revealed -- in retrospect, it was wondrous to watch my body regenerate from the bone up -- not a perspective we often get -- I wish I had taken photographs every couple of days.

I think about that a lot when considering my lungs healing from all the smoke they have endured -- helps me meditate on the power of life.

Blessings.

Mine wasn't down to the bone but only down to the fascia of the muscle. Since it was on my ribcage, the distance to the bone wasn't all that far though. Healing could have taken years with the hole remaining and open to infection until it finally grew enough new skin to cover it without the graft they did to close it over.

Peroxide would be the ideal stuff to put on ancinetobacter. Makes it grow like crazy! Lot's of extra oxygen to draw on when it is time to divide (and conquer the next target cells.)

Some strains even like alcohol. (Bacterial lushes)

I did take pictures (well, my wife took them and I posted them) of my previous wound once the debridement was over and again after the graft. I can send you the link if you want to see my vacation pictures from January 2007. grin

Some here have already seen them. eek

FWIW, it was the second surgery, the one to fill the hole, that took the most out of me. The first I bounced back from quickly though with this gaping wound on my chest that was prone to anything that wanted to take root in my body. I was eating two hours after surgery and on my feet right after that. The second surgery for the graft took a lot more out of me for some reason. I was relieved but tired, ate less and took as long to start a normal daily routine as the space between the two surgeries (about six weeks) even though the skin was healing quite well before then.

I also had this nerve that drove me nuts for a couple of years. For no apparent reason, I would find myself on my hands and knees searching for something to hold onto through blinding pain. Haven't had one of those episodes in about 18 months or so, but when the temperature changes quickly it still feels like someone grabbed hold of my chest and is squeezing the dickens out of it.

mark1952.ma@gmail.com

I Was Thinking...

Re: I was thinking... [Re: Mark1952] #58396
01/25/11 08:15 PM
01/25/11 08:15 PM
crazed student Offline
crazed student  Offline
Would you care to link the article in case the rest of us missed something worth seeing?

Vet clinic closing
Hard times for horses

Re: I was thinking... [Re: herfuturesbright] #58404
01/25/11 08:26 PM
01/25/11 08:26 PM
crazed student Offline
crazed student  Offline
Originally Posted By: heremainsfaithful

Have you ever been tested for diabetes? For type I, it is not believed that an overly strong immune system may actually increase the risk for diabetes because the eyelets of Langerhans are similar to bacteria and the immune system attacks them.

People can develop Type 1 diabetes as a result of a viral infection, since diabetes is an immune-mediated disease. It's not so much a strong immune system as a poorly calibrated one - one that has not properly learned to distinguish between self and non-self. After exposure to the virus, the body's immune system goes into overdrive, and its T-cells attack the beta cells in the islets of Langerhans. Voila, no more insulin production.

But the problem that I am seeing more is infections that are resistant to antibiotics. Hospitals are full of them, and they are no joke. I believe that's what Mark said he had the last time - a variation of MRSA? I may be misremembering.

Mark, I hope you have it easier this time.

Re: I was thinking... [Re: Mark1952] #58420
01/25/11 08:48 PM
01/25/11 08:48 PM
SW Chicago 'burbs
Mark1952 Offline OP
Board of Directors
Mark1952  Offline OP
Board of Directors
SW Chicago 'burbs
HRF,

I have been tested for diabetes and have never had any symptoms. I am 58 years old and have had two surgeries in my life, both the result of this bacteria, one to eliminate the bacteria and one to fill the hole that resulted from the first.

My wound(s) is not something that gets infected by remaining open and refusing to heal. Healing actually takes place pretty fast in my case. I work on vehicles as part of my job and have nicks, cuts and abrasions almost all the time on my hands and arms.

The wound I had, and it appears that I have now are the result of the infection or at least the result of the same bacteria colonizing a wound that began in both cases as what seemed to be a boil. With the majority of bacteria present in the early stages of the wound being acinetobacter and not staph as would result from a simple boil, it looks like the acinetobacter itself is the cause and not a secondary infection though maybe it only predominates after the wound is open.

While the wound is localized, the infection is systemic and can be seen in blood tests if they look for it. In the last round of this, I had two other spots that appeared, one while I was in the hospital and one that was surgically drained the day the large wound was debrided. It too was tested and found to be full of acinetobacter. The remaining one disappeared as they pumped me full of antibiotics.

The stages of this have been the same both times. I get a pimple that becomes a boil that starts to drain and heal and then expands rapidly and grows visibly in size over night.

Last time around I waited a week longer before seeing the doctor, a few more days before getting it tested at the lab where they missed what it was and wasted another week treating what it wasn't with what had no effect on what it was and another full week after that before they knew what to give me to kill it. Last time I went in when it was 2 1/2 by 4 inches, and it was 4 by 8 by the time they put me in the hospital. This time it is about 2 by 2 1/2, about half as deep and already being treated for what it is. With a little luck and continued prayers, I should be ready for the next crisis before long.

This isn't something we are trying to identify this time around. We KNOW what it is and are already attacking the problem instead of using a broad and ineffective therapy for something that isn't there while the real problem gets worse.

Last time they gave me amoxicillin which does nothing to stop acinetobacter. This time, we went straight to a sulfa (Bactrim) and Levaquin, to prevent secondary infection of the open wound.

mark1952.ma@gmail.com

I Was Thinking...

Re: I was thinking... [Re: Mark1952] #58427
01/25/11 08:54 PM
01/25/11 08:54 PM
Florida
Gladstone Offline
Board of Directors
Secretary
Gladstone  Offline
Board of Directors
Secretary
Florida
In my thoughts and prayers too, Mark.

**Formerly known as Cuthbert Calculus**

"There is enough sadness in life without having fellows like Gussie Fink-Nottle going about in sea boots."

Glad Tidings

Gladstone's Sucess Story
Re: I was thinking... [Re: crazed student] #58432
01/25/11 08:57 PM
01/25/11 08:57 PM
SW Chicago 'burbs
Mark1952 Offline OP
Board of Directors
Mark1952  Offline OP
Board of Directors
SW Chicago 'burbs
Originally Posted By: crazed student

Vet clinic closing
Hard times for horses

Second link doesn't work, BTW.

Reading the first now...

mark1952.ma@gmail.com

I Was Thinking...

Re: I was thinking... [Re: Mark1952] #58472
01/25/11 09:50 PM
01/25/11 09:50 PM
New Zealand
Lil Offline

Lil  Offline

New Zealand
Please do send me the link of your holiday snaps. Flick DD14 and I were praying for you last night. I described what you had said here about the chicken fillet, and steak tartar, but actual pics might be more descriptive crazy

AKA Lildoggie

Just found out about your spouses affair?
Infidelity Guide For The Betrayed Spouse

Re: I was thinking... [Re: Mark1952] #58477
01/25/11 09:54 PM
01/25/11 09:54 PM
crazed student Offline
crazed student  Offline
Second link doesn't work, BTW.

Rats. Let me try again. It piqued my interest because my cousin lives in that area and keeps animals on a small farm.

second link

Re: I was thinking... [Re: Mark1952] #58486
01/25/11 10:06 PM
01/25/11 10:06 PM
Surface of the sun
silentlucidity Offline
silentlucidity  Offline
Surface of the sun
Although it stinks that this is happening, and that the infection happened in the first place, I am happy that you are getting aggressive treatment this time around, and pray that the infection is eradicated quickly and without further treatment.

I wonder what is in your environment that could be causing this?

Anyway, what's more important is that you heal quickly and fully. wink

Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20

Moderated by  Fiddler, Miranda 

Newest Members
Love_Smacked, starfire, JoyfulMimi, bruers, shattered72
2048 Registered Users
Latest Topics(Posts)
Hearts Blessing4
Woman urges NC lawmakers to end child marriage: For her it was a ‘life sentence’3
63 Marriage Facts1
COVID-19 and the Increased Likelihood of Affairs3
Updates Divorce Stats4
no more rainbow members?9
BR - The Art of War - Sun Tzu5
Questions & Answers About Marriage---responses from 7-10 year old kids4
seeing new members on mobile version5
Return of the Goddess31
Community Information
2048Members
1Penalty Box
6Suspended