Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 10 guests, and 35 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
 Trending Topics(Posts)
1.Ask Amy's very bad advice on affairs1
2.The Joke Thread1
3.Financial counselor says communication is key when mixing money and marriage - Grand Forks Herald0
4.Daughter says father made ominous threats if his wife sought a divorce - Portland Press Herald0
5.A Straight Spouse Of A Gay Husband Speaks Out0
6.Rise Above Past Relationship Failures - Psychology Today0
7.Toxic Relationship dynamics0
8.Women Who Don't Orgasm - Psychology Today0
9.Highspire man tried to kill wife in car crash after marriage counseling session went south, police say0
10.6 Ways to Recreate, Not Just Salvage, Your Relationship - Psychology Today0
*By replies in last 2 weeks.
In The Media(Posts)
Woman urges NC lawmakers to end child marriage: For her it was a ‘life sentence’3
COVID-19 and the Increased Likelihood of Affairs3
Does anyone remember this story?3
Validation to find-win-win slutions2
Things men want4
These Are The Signs You're Dating A Narcissist3
Girlfriend's 'controlling' list of 22 rules for boyfriend goes viral: 'She sounds crazy'9
What Divorced Men Wish They Had Done Differently In Their Marriages7
Alienation of Affection / Criminal Conversation9
Would you pay your ex a 'break-up fee'? - BBC3
more >>
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
PR: Family Dynamics Institute #173
08/30/10 03:03 AM
08/30/10 03:03 AM
SW Chicago 'burbs
Mark1952 Offline OP
Board of Directors
Mark1952  Offline OP
Board of Directors
SW Chicago 'burbs
Family Dynamics

This is the program my wife and I attended training for in mid-June to become certified facilitators. We are currently recruiting a class to meet in Shorewood Illinois beginning as soon as I can round up enough folks to join us.

You can learn more of the program and sign up at the FDI website by clicking the Dynamic Marriage link under the <Programs> button on the left bar.

FDI also has an intervention program that helps recover about 75% of marriages that get involved that is called "A New Beginning." The program can be accessed through the above FDI link or at Save My Marriage.

FDI uses the books of Dr Harley in conjunction with other materials and work including that of Robert Sternberg and John Gottman.

mark1952.ma@gmail.com

I Was Thinking...

The secret to having a good marriage is to understand that marriage must be total, it must be permanent, and it must be equal.-- Frank Pittman
Re: PR: Family Dynamics Institute [Re: Mark1952] #174
08/30/10 03:09 AM
08/30/10 03:09 AM
star*fish Offline
Board of Directors
star*fish  Offline
Board of Directors
Mark,

That sounds really interesting....especially using Harley, Gottman and Sternberg together. I like the combo. smile How long does it take to become a facilitator?

"Yes, I'll have the love combo, open faced with a side of respect and large a glass of forgiveness, easy on the ice please--my brother
Re: PR: Family Dynamics Institute [Re: star*fish] #181
08/30/10 03:44 AM
08/30/10 03:44 AM
SW Chicago 'burbs
Mark1952 Offline OP
Board of Directors
Mark1952  Offline OP
Board of Directors
SW Chicago 'burbs
The training is three days but the process is exhausting.

The Dynamic Marriage program uses Harely's HNHN and Love Busters books along with his 5 Steps workbook and another workbook produced by FDI for the class along with a short CD set to go along with the 8 week class.

The facilitator training works the 8 week class in three days, including most of the homework with the reading of HNHN done ahead of time about a week prior to the class. In addition, you learn the statistical stuff behind the class, the logistics of running a class and work through a manual that teaches you how to lead each class session. By the end of three days you are pretty much only thinking about what you just experienced. Even the training for facilitators transforms marriages.

The way the class works is that each week a homework assignment is given that is spread over the next 6 days. You might read on day 1, do a section of the 5 Steps workbook on day 2, discuss ENs on day 3, Talk about how you'd like your ENs to be met on day 4, take a deeper look at the Love Bank model on day 5 and review your stuff from all week and answer a series of questions in the class workbook on day 6. Each day you are asked to pray for the other couples in the class, any other marriages you are familiar with that might be having problems, each other and your class facilitators as a couple.

On class night/day each person shares what has been learned, how it can be applied to their own marriage etc by answering four directed questions in front of the entire class. Each person has 2 1/2 minutes.

Each week, the class votes on the person who shows the most progress, honesty, change in actions and thoughts or other criteria established for that week and the person selected by the class is honored before everyone else and awarded a book chosen to be related to the purpose of that class session. Additional short exercises are also done each week. Total class time each week is 2 - 2 1/2 hours depending on class size which is no more than 12 couples and no fewer than 6.

If anybody knows anyone in the SW Chicago suburbs I have a couple scholarships left to offset all but 50 bucks of the 150 the class costs (my wife and I get nothing of that, BTW and in fact we are spending our own money to get the books and some of the other class materials)Sign up can be done through the FDI link I supplied above.

Facilitator training BTW, costs 600 dollars plus travel expenses to wherever the session is held. FDI has other classes that can be done as well once you understand the structure of their way of doing the classes which even includes how the chairs are to be set up in the room. They have a follow up refresher type course that runs 13 weeks at one hour per week that can be done as a small group or Sunday School format. They also have a class called Dynamic Families that can improve relationships across the board for the whole family.

They also gather statistical data about each class by having each person complete a survey before class begins and another at the end of class. This lets them modify the class, test changes before they become global, compare versions of how things are presented in a class and even keep track of the things they need to emphasize more in the facilitator training sessions.

mark1952.ma@gmail.com

I Was Thinking...

The secret to having a good marriage is to understand that marriage must be total, it must be permanent, and it must be equal.-- Frank Pittman
Re: PR: Family Dynamics Institute [Re: Mark1952] #578
09/01/10 06:41 PM
09/01/10 06:41 PM
SW Chicago 'burbs
Mark1952 Offline OP
Board of Directors
Mark1952  Offline OP
Board of Directors
SW Chicago 'burbs
Originally Posted by me
If anybody knows anyone in the SW Chicago suburbs I have a couple scholarships left to offset all but 50 bucks of the 150 the class costs (my wife and I get nothing of that, BTW and in fact we are spending our own money to get the books and some of the other class materials)Sign up can be done through the FDI link I supplied above.

I just wanted to reiterate that I still have openings for a class to start in a couple of weeks. Sign up time is getting short so visit the Dynamic Marriage link at http://www.familydynamics.net/dynamicmarriage.php. Click the button on the right side labeled <FIND A CLASS IN YOUR AREA> and see if anything is near you. Ours is the class being held in Shorewood Illinois.

Mark

mark1952.ma@gmail.com

I Was Thinking...

Re: PR: Family Dynamics Institute [Re: Mark1952] #1386
09/07/10 08:39 PM
09/07/10 08:39 PM
Gateway to the West
N
Not2fun Offline
Not2fun  Offline
N
Gateway to the West
Mr. Not and I attended "A New Beginning" in April '08. It had been recommended to us by our MC at the time. We went to this "during" his affair. It was a grueling event. BUT WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!! Though at the time I was following all of Harley's and MB teachings, I did find some interesting aspects in the other material. It was also the catalyst for Mr. Not in ending his affair. It was their lesson on "the baggage you have in your marriage now, WILL follow you in your next relationship...." that struck the final blow in his "fantasyland" affair. I highly recommend this.....

Not2fun

" If you couldn't change your partner when you were together, you sure aren't going to now that you aren't together..." Words of the teacher of the court mandated parenting class...and the ONE thing that stuck out to me!!!
Re: PR: Family Dynamics Institute [Re: Not2fun] #1465
09/08/10 03:47 AM
09/08/10 03:47 AM
SW Chicago 'burbs
Mark1952 Offline OP
Board of Directors
Mark1952  Offline OP
Board of Directors
SW Chicago 'burbs
Southwest Chicago suburbs look me up and sign up for this class. I need to pull the trigger soon.

Mark

mark1952.ma@gmail.com

I Was Thinking...

Re: PR: Family Dynamics Institute [Re: Mark1952] #1977
09/10/10 02:24 AM
09/10/10 02:24 AM
T
Telly Offline
Telly  Offline
T
I wish I was still living near Chi-town.

I'm interested in the whole program!

Married 13 years
D10
D5
Re: PR: Family Dynamics Institute [Re: Telly] #2010
09/10/10 04:00 AM
09/10/10 04:00 AM
SW Chicago 'burbs
Mark1952 Offline OP
Board of Directors
Mark1952  Offline OP
Board of Directors
SW Chicago 'burbs
Telly,

So get in touch with people in the Chicago area and tell them to look at the class. I still need at least two more couples and have two scholarships of 100 bucks each left. The next two couples to sign up only pay 50 dollars per couple.

Each couple receives: HNHN, Love Busters, 2 copies of 5 Steps to Romantic Love workbook, two copies of the Dynamic Marriage student handbook (a manual and workbook for the class), a set of CDs with a lesson for each class session, a pink highlighter for her and a blue one for him (three colors when done reading the book- important to her, important to him and important to both)and a handy dandy navy blue tote bag to carry it all in with the FDI logo on it.

Each couple who completes all of the homework and attends at least 6 of the eight class sessions will get a certificate of completion.

Each person completes a survey before the first class and after the last one so that FDI can keep tweaking the program and gather more data.

I'd love to see the class in a lot more places. I have couples that have contacted me that live an hour away.

Seriously, if you know couples in the SW suburbs of Chicago, see if they are interested.

Mark

mark1952.ma@gmail.com

I Was Thinking...

Moderated by  Fiddler 

Newest Members
Love_Smacked, starfire, JoyfulMimi, bruers, shattered72
2048 Registered Users
Latest Topics(Posts)
Hearts Blessing5
Woman urges NC lawmakers to end child marriage: For her it was a ‘life sentence’3
63 Marriage Facts1
COVID-19 and the Increased Likelihood of Affairs3
Updates Divorce Stats4
no more rainbow members?9
BR - The Art of War - Sun Tzu5
Questions & Answers About Marriage---responses from 7-10 year old kids4
seeing new members on mobile version5
Return of the Goddess31
Community Information
2048Members
1Penalty Box
6Suspended