Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 2 guests, and 28 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
 Trending Topics(Posts)
1."Hear, Here" ~ A new book on Effective Communication3
2.Financial counselor says communication is key when mixing money and marriage - Grand Forks Herald0
3.Daughter says father made ominous threats if his wife sought a divorce - Portland Press Herald0
4.A Straight Spouse Of A Gay Husband Speaks Out0
5.Rise Above Past Relationship Failures - Psychology Today0
6.Toxic Relationship dynamics0
7.Ask Amy's very bad advice on affairs0
8.Women Who Don't Orgasm - Psychology Today0
9.Highspire man tried to kill wife in car crash after marriage counseling session went south, police say0
10.6 Ways to Recreate, Not Just Salvage, Your Relationship - Psychology Today0
*By replies in last 2 weeks.
In The Media(Posts)
Johnny Depp Says He Stayed in Amber Heard Marriage 'Because My Father Stayed' in His4
Woman urges NC lawmakers to end child marriage: For her it was a ‘life sentence’3
COVID-19 and the Increased Likelihood of Affairs3
Does anyone remember this story?3
Validation to find-win-win slutions2
Things men want4
These Are The Signs You're Dating A Narcissist3
Girlfriend's 'controlling' list of 22 rules for boyfriend goes viral: 'She sounds crazy'9
What Divorced Men Wish They Had Done Differently In Their Marriages7
Alienation of Affection / Criminal Conversation9
more >>
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21
Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: chrisner] #216373
03/17/12 08:30 PM
03/17/12 08:30 PM
Gateway to the West
N
Not2fun Offline
Not2fun  Offline
N
Gateway to the West
Originally Posted By: chrisner
Oh Boy. They called back and a news team is coming around 4:00.

Are you gonna tell us or are we all gonna have to Google it????

Hey,,,,,is it on tape??? You can YouTube it!!!!

(SFB, you ready to fork over your money IF it was, in fact, DGS's son going after XW???.....)

" If you couldn't change your partner when you were together, you sure aren't going to now that you aren't together..." Words of the teacher of the court mandated parenting class...and the ONE thing that stuck out to me!!!
Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: Not2fun] #216374
03/17/12 08:32 PM
03/17/12 08:32 PM
A
Amazin Offline
Amazin  Offline
A
Quote:
I told him if her facial tic goes off, for $20 stop and loudly ask her, "What the f*** is wrong with your face?"

He replied, "Oh, I won't need any money for that".

He did it didn't he... and she got arested for an offensive facial tic...?

Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men.
Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: believer] #216376
03/17/12 08:38 PM
03/17/12 08:38 PM
A
Amazin Offline
Amazin  Offline
A
Originally Posted By: believer
Was it something like this wedding?

If that was in Texas and those people had fewer teeth they might pass for my STBX in-laws.

Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men.
Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: Amazin] #216377
03/17/12 08:42 PM
03/17/12 08:42 PM
Gateway to the West
N
Not2fun Offline
Not2fun  Offline
N
Gateway to the West
Originally Posted By: Amazin
Quote:
I told him if her facial tic goes off, for $20 stop and loudly ask her, "What the f*** is wrong with your face?"

He replied, "Oh, I won't need any money for that".

He did it didn't he... and she got arested for an offensive facial tic...?

Nah huh......... I have money (or GS cookies... ;)) on xW wearing the same dress as DSG. Only DGS looked Amazingly, drop-dead, stunning in it. However, a slovenly, drunken Gollum couldn't let poor xW (lack-of) honor be damaged by the fauxpas (even if xW was the true one to play copy-cat) and DGS son defended her (so that Chrisner wouldn't have to spend the evening in jail....what a great man!!!)

Am I close????

" If you couldn't change your partner when you were together, you sure aren't going to now that you aren't together..." Words of the teacher of the court mandated parenting class...and the ONE thing that stuck out to me!!!
Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: Not2fun] #216397
03/18/12 12:52 AM
03/18/12 12:52 AM
SFB Offline
SFB  Offline
HHmmm.. Let me see...

I like the Video from the Rajin Cajun wedding, but that wasn't it...

Somebody got interrupted...

SFB

Finding an ethical way to deal with pain, fear, disappointment etc..is part of the experience of becoming a stronger person...one who is driven by compassion instead of compulsion...ie I have a legitimate reason to be stressed out right now...however, my response to it will determine how others percieve me, and myself. (quoting Star*Fish)
Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: SFB] #216398
03/18/12 12:54 AM
03/18/12 12:54 AM
SFB Offline
SFB  Offline
Originally Posted By: SFB
HHmmm.. Let me see...

I like the Video from the Rajin Cajun wedding, but that wasn't it...

Somebody got interrupted...

SFB

So, I dont gotta pay no $20... Nor give up my four boxes of cookies...

Right?

SFb

Last edited by SFB; 03/18/12 12:57 AM. Reason: the suspense is KILLING us...

Finding an ethical way to deal with pain, fear, disappointment etc..is part of the experience of becoming a stronger person...one who is driven by compassion instead of compulsion...ie I have a legitimate reason to be stressed out right now...however, my response to it will determine how others percieve me, and myself. (quoting Star*Fish)
Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: SFB] #216403
03/18/12 01:47 AM
03/18/12 01:47 AM
wildhorses Offline
wildhorses  Offline
I hope DD is okay.........

Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: wildhorses] #216434
03/18/12 06:40 AM
03/18/12 06:40 AM
wildhorses Offline
wildhorses  Offline
Well, it has been HOURS since the cliffhanger.... I finally had to google. There were a couple of options in coach's area.

1. Woman leads police on slow speed chase, gets DUI.

2. Police arrest suspected Crapper Scrapper. Is gollum the infamous crapper scrapper?

Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: wildhorses] #216470
03/18/12 04:09 PM
03/18/12 04:09 PM
Almost in The People's Republi...
chrisner Offline OP
chrisner  Offline OP
Sorry, but it has been hectic. Little time, short story. The ceremony and reception were fantastic. The couple are off to their Florida honeymooon. It's all good.

Some time during the speeches, first dances, bouquet and garter ceremony, someone came in off the street, ransacked the bridal suite and stole the wallets of the bride, xW and all the bridesmaids. The venue manager was far less than helpful. Amazingly the extensive security camera system died 3-days ago.

Hmmmmmmm......

The wedding died and after the police reports the bride and groom had to fly off in dress and tux to the nearest open DMV (45 minutes away in Longmont)to get ID for the plane. Her new ID is in her wedding gown.

DGS's son popped off at the ass of a manager and the guy threatened to take him outside. The father of the bride stepped in. The police stepped in. The manager was quite forcefully confined to his office. The father of the bride and his girlfriends son were rather respectfully asked to leave under threat of disorderly conduct. But that was okay because I needed to get home fast to get DD's social security card and birth certificate to get ID.

There is a lot more and I will get to the rest but probably not until Monday.

Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: chrisner] #216471
03/18/12 04:48 PM
03/18/12 04:48 PM
SFB Offline
SFB  Offline
She will always have, (well, ok, for the next four-five years..) a beautiful drivers license picture...

SFB

Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: SFB] #216472
03/18/12 04:54 PM
03/18/12 04:54 PM
chrisner Offline OP
chrisner  Offline OP
Things you never thought you would see in your lifetime: Your ex wife sobbing in your girlfriends arms.

Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: chrisner] #216474
03/18/12 05:09 PM
03/18/12 05:09 PM
wildhorses Offline
wildhorses  Offline
Things you never thought you would see in your lifetime: Your ex wife sobbing in your girlfriends arms.

eek

Did you get a picture?

Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: chrisner] #216475
03/18/12 05:14 PM
03/18/12 05:14 PM
SFB Offline
SFB  Offline

Would that be that she would be the ONLY one who would comfort her?

SFB

Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: wildhorses] #216476
03/18/12 05:15 PM
03/18/12 05:15 PM
wildhorses Offline
wildhorses  Offline
So glad that DD was able to continue to the honeymoon and the wedding and reception went smoothly.

It'll be a good story.

And if its anything like here, she will have a GREAT picture for EIGHT years!

Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: chrisner] #216486
03/18/12 05:58 PM
03/18/12 05:58 PM
Gateway to the West
N
Not2fun Offline
Not2fun  Offline
N
Gateway to the West
Just think, all the money you could have saved on the wedding photographer had you only known.......

This truly says so much about the character of DGS......she is one very special lady, Chrisner. I'm happy for YOU.

My suggestion? You should plan another wedding for the near future.....you have a very rare bird on your hands..... wink

Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: chrisner] #216496
03/18/12 08:05 PM
03/18/12 08:05 PM
Ohio
Chailover Offline
Chailover  Offline
Ohio

WHAT!!?? Then again, DGS should thank WZ for being such an effin idiot to give up such a wonderful person (YOU).

Anyway, glad your DD is on her way now.....

Last edited by Chailover; 03/18/12 08:07 PM.

Divorced 12/09
ex BW
Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: chrisner] #216636
03/19/12 02:58 PM
03/19/12 02:58 PM
southern USA
at peace Offline
at peace  Offline
southern USA
Daaaang eek Not exactly the excitement you were expecting. I hope your daughter and new SIL were able to shake off that less than auspicious beginning and have a wonderful honeymoon.

It's so messed up that someone would steal from a wedding party at the wedding. Seriously...what kind of creep does crap like that?

Your GF sounds awesome, btw. smile

Lori

"To know what is right and not do it is the worst cowardice."
wife...mom...nana...happy smile
Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: at peace] #216653
03/19/12 04:20 PM
03/19/12 04:20 PM
2long Offline
2long  Offline
Whoah!

Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: at peace] #216658
03/19/12 04:56 PM
03/19/12 04:56 PM
chrisner Offline OP
chrisner  Offline OP
The rehearsal and dinner:

DGS and xW were in nearly matching navy blue dresses. DGS turned to me when she saw her and said, Really?

It all went fine. I did not look at them or acknowledge them once but Gollums S6 seemed to want to stand by me all the time. Wherever I went.

There was one moment at dinner when I was sitting and he walked by intently staring at me so I locked eyes with him and stared back. Bring it little guy! As he rounded a corner, he just kept staring at me as his head swiveled around a little like an owl or Linda Blair in The Exorcist. That actually was a little creepy. Children of the Corn creepy.

At the dinner DGS, her son (an usher for the wedding) and I sat in one corner of the room and XW and Gollum another. At one point when DGS was holding Little GD, her son and I got up for the restroom and as soon as we were out of sight xW made her move. She came over to DGS and told her, I just want to thank you for all you have done for DD and Little GD these past few years. DGS contained it in her presence, but after she was gone she cried. I will let others figure out the psychology of that.

After dinner we retreated to our room and DGS, her son and I had a wonderful time and we laughed so hard our ribs hurt. DGS later told me it was one of the best times she has ever had with her son.

Little GD stayed the night with xW, Gollum and his S6 in their room. She cried all night. None of them slept.

Awwwww.

Last edited by chrisner; 03/19/12 04:58 PM.
Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: chrisner] #216663
03/19/12 05:32 PM
03/19/12 05:32 PM
chrisner Offline OP
chrisner  Offline OP
Wedding Morning:

They were in the breakfast room with Little GD when we came down. As soon as LGD saw us she wanted to come over to our table and did. We had a few peaceful minutes with Little GD when suddenly xW and Gollum were standing by our table. XW asked DGS if we would watch Little GD for ten minutes or so while they loaded their truck.

While standing next to her, Gollum put his hand on DGSs shoulder (he did it again later during the reception). This took everything I had to remain seated. DGS stiffened like one of the face-sucker critters from Aliens was on her shoulder.

I had to stay in my special happy place a lot that day.

Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: chrisner] #216669
03/19/12 06:24 PM
03/19/12 06:24 PM
chrisner Offline OP
chrisner  Offline OP
The Wedding:

With plenty of hustle and bustle we arrived at the venue and the show was on.

A few minutes before the wedding was to start and the women were still in the bridal suite I passed Gollum in a doorway. He wanted to talk. I simply lifted my arm to dismiss him and walked by.

The wedding went beautifully. The weather was perfect. My boss said the whole thing was storybook.

I cant even express how beautiful my daughter was. Stunning.

As DD and I waited at the doors for the queue to walk into the garden they seated the grandparents to the Yo Yo Ma / Morricone piece I suggested. It was spectacular to see. Standing there with her was one of the proudest moments of my life.

Gollums S6 and Little GD did a wonderful job as the flower girl and ring bearer.

And down the path we went to Jesu Joy of Mans Desiring.

Incredibly, XW and DGS were seated side by side in the front row. By the time DD and I had arrived at the alter they both were streaming mascara messes. XW had her arm around DGSs shoulder. Folks, you just cant make this stuff up.

The ceremony went spectacular. They wrote their own vows and it was very moving. They did a unity sand ceremony with Little GD. She stole the show.

SFB: I did the pictures. They even stood me next to Gollum in a large family one. Happy place, happy place. But it is what DD wanted.

Last edited by chrisner; 03/19/12 06:28 PM.
Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: chrisner] #216673
03/19/12 06:43 PM
03/19/12 06:43 PM
chrisner Offline OP
chrisner  Offline OP
The Reception:

Went great. It was wonderful to have my closest friends all together. And it was an odd contrast. To a great extent xW and Gollum were alone.

I went and sat with my xFIL for a few minutes before the speeches started. He was in his chair facing away from the table so I pulled up a chair and we sat knees to knees. He recognized me but soon began an incoherent story about an old yellow car and its radiator. Through the whole story I looked him in the eyes and it was like watching someone dreaming. When I had to leave for the speeches, I took his hands and the haze lifted. He looked clearly at me and said, You have no idea how much I have missed you.

By all accounts my speech was very good. The DJ later told me it was one of the best he had heard in his 29-years of doing weddings. Maybe he was just blowing smoke up my tux, but Ill take it.

The dance was the closest moment I have ever had with my daughter. We smiled, laughed and talked through the whole thing. Of course something got in my eye by the end (maybe a whiff of pepper spray from the impending riot?).

XWs entire family got up when the open dancing started and left without a word to anyone I saw. It seemed weird.

Once the open dancing started I could hardly remember when I felt so good. DGS and I were dancing and smiling at each other when I suddenly realized the room was clearing out. Then DD came running and crying through the room toward the hallway. And..well you know the rest.

It was heart-wrenching to see DD on her knees crying in the ransacked bridal suite with her new husband holding her hands.

And yes SFB. One of the only people there to comfort xW was DGS.

Last edited by chrisner; 03/19/12 06:43 PM.
Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: chrisner] #216674
03/19/12 06:50 PM
03/19/12 06:50 PM
chrisner Offline OP
chrisner  Offline OP
Little GD stayed with us Friday and Saturday night and we returned her to her father in the evening. Sunday morning she woke up around 7:00 am and came into our room with her blanket and stuffed tiger. She climbed onto the bed, plopped down between us and held our hands. She turned to DGS and said I love you Gamma and turning to me, I love you Gampa, and fell back to sleep.

Its a pretty wonderful life.

Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: chrisner] #216675
03/19/12 06:52 PM
03/19/12 06:52 PM
chrisner Offline OP
chrisner  Offline OP
From my goodbye letter

Quote:
All other accomplishments in my life will pale with insignificance when compared to the incredible experience we shared in bringing our wonderful daughter into the world. No marriage that could ever create such a beautiful and remarkable daughter could ever be considered a failure.

Well, we did it xW. We really did it. Not how either of us envisioned it over 24 years ago but the mission is now truly accomplished. The only remainder of our 26-year marriage is a spectacular success. In spite of our differences at the end, it truly took the combined best of both of us. Thank you and congratulations.

Re: It's a Wonderful Life [Re: chrisner] #216677
03/19/12 06:56 PM
03/19/12 06:56 PM
chrisner Offline OP
chrisner  Offline OP
And so with that, I think its a proper time to end the tale of chrisner. He has finally fulfilled the purpose to his existence.

A wonderful life has no spare time to hang around infidelity forums. So much to do before the owl finally calls my name.

The grief and loss of the past few years have been totally eclipsed by the love and happiness in my new life. It has come full circle.

And of course my love and life with a loving, caring and giving beautiful woman. I am a lucky man and it is a wonderful life.

I thank you all.

From my goodbye letter and to you all:

Quote:
I wish you all the best through your life.

Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  Fiddler, Miranda 

Newest Members
KC1969, Love_Smacked, starfire, JoyfulMimi, bruers
2049 Registered Users
Latest Topics(Posts)
Johnny Depp Says He Stayed in Amber Heard Marriage 'Because My Father Stayed' in His4
"Hear, Here" ~ A new book on Effective Communication11
Steve Harley Counseling3
Hearts Blessing7
Woman urges NC lawmakers to end child marriage: For her it was a ‘life sentence’3
63 Marriage Facts1
COVID-19 and the Increased Likelihood of Affairs3
Updates Divorce Stats5
no more rainbow members?9
BR - The Art of War - Sun Tzu5
Community Information
2049Members
1Penalty Box
6Suspended

Forums
8503Topics
463540Posts