Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 3 guests, and 26 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
 Trending Topics(Posts)
1.How to deconstruct a marriage.0
2.I am Sick, I am Sad, and I am needing some support.0
3.SIHW is back and Dealing with issues....0
4.looking for some support0
5.Social Networking Sites and Infidelity0
6.Signs of Infidelity0
7.The Difference Between Cheating and Infidelity?0
8.Not really sure how to survive0
9.The Five Big Lies That Keep You From Changing0
10.Pregnant and getting put out of the house by my husband0
*By replies in last 2 weeks.
In The Media(Posts)
Johnny Depp Says He Stayed in Amber Heard Marriage 'Because My Father Stayed' in His4
Woman urges NC lawmakers to end child marriage: For her it was a ‘life sentence’3
COVID-19 and the Increased Likelihood of Affairs3
Does anyone remember this story?3
Validation to find-win-win slutions2
Things men want4
These Are The Signs You're Dating A Narcissist3
Girlfriend's 'controlling' list of 22 rules for boyfriend goes viral: 'She sounds crazy'9
What Divorced Men Wish They Had Done Differently In Their Marriages7
Alienation of Affection / Criminal Conversation9
more >>
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 33 1 2 29 30 31 32 33
Re: Reunion Station - Reprobate Mind, are you out there? [Re: Mark1952] #318211
10/12/13 06:06 PM
10/12/13 06:06 PM
SoCal
Chrysalis Offline
Global Moderator
Chrysalis  Offline
Global Moderator
SoCal
I am almost finished with the 6th Doctor and on track to be all caught up by the time the Tardis reappears in November. YAY! tardis tardis tardis

Chrysalis
Re: Reunion Station - Reprobate Mind, are you out there? [Re: Not2fun] #319045
10/17/13 02:08 AM
10/17/13 02:08 AM
I
IamTMTS Offline
IamTMTS  Offline
I
Yes....Laundry boy lives!!! Though I'm more of the folder now. Curling is dead though, work sucks.... Lol. Now I play guitar (poorly) as stress relief. The negative side of that is that my weight shot up to 245lbs!!! So we've had to change our daily walk routine, which was more of a slow stroll to the dog park to watch the dogs run around while we chat, to brisk walk first then let the dog run around....that and less pie, And cookies....oh and doughnuts....did I mention PIE.... So now we see how it goes... So life is good, kids are doing well, OD in university now, and YD in her last year of junior high. DW and I still doing well, no signs of OM since February 2008.

Now back to CNN...I love your politics...ours are boring, can't shut down the gov. If the budget don't pass, gov. Is dissolved and we have elections...see boring...

Last edited by IamTMTS; 10/17/13 02:15 AM.
Re: Reunion Station - Reprobate Mind, are you out there? [Re: Mark1952] #319047
10/17/13 02:14 AM
10/17/13 02:14 AM
I
IamTMTS Offline
IamTMTS  Offline
I
On the beer thing.... I must confess, I've been turned onto red wine and now drink not much else. It does help that I live 30 mins away from the Niagara wine region, home of ice wine.... I'm staying clear of that stuff...it's 10 times the price.

Re: Reunion Station - Reprobate Mind, are you out there? [Re: IamTMTS] #319321
10/18/13 03:17 PM
10/18/13 03:17 PM
The Farm
Jayne241 Offline
Jayne241  Offline
The Farm
Dissolving the government is such a cool idea!!!

Re: Reunion Station [Re: star*fish] #327771
12/22/13 01:19 AM
12/22/13 01:19 AM
Ace Offline
Advocate
Ace  Offline
Advocate
Originally Posted By: star*fish
I just wanted to say Hi to everybody. It's so great to see so many people I've missed. My life is as crazy as usual. My marriage is going strong and thriving, even if we don't follow every single rule, or fit into a round hole. *waving* starfish

Just fer fun, I'm bumping this thread for NeverGuessed. Welcome! You may be surprised at the former MB posters who have stopped by MA (and this thread) to say Hey....or Hi....We're doing great and have moved on! Many of us have come back to pay it forward and from what I've seen of your initial posts, YOU have a lot to give.

Love to see your story on whatever forum you're comfortable sharing it. I posted a lot on MB from January 2007 to January 2008 but not so much after that for a variety of reasons that shall remain unmentioned.

Welcome to MA and please continue to make yourself at home.

Ace (formerly Ace_in_Bucket---see "Why did you pick your screen name?" thread for explanation.)

We're overcoming decades of marital dysfunction including abuse, passive aggression, gas-lighting & infidelity (both of us).

Our Weird and Ongoing Story
Re: Reunion Station [Re: Ace] #327795
12/22/13 03:28 PM
12/22/13 03:28 PM
Ace Offline
Advocate
Ace  Offline
Advocate
Here's the link to the "Why did you chose your Screen Name?" thread.

Re: Reunion Station [Re: Ace] #327813
12/22/13 07:42 PM
12/22/13 07:42 PM
NeverGuessed Offline
Suspended
NeverGuessed  Offline
Suspended
Thank you, Ace. Without a doubt, Bride's and my story would best fit on the Success Stories board. (Any recent....emigrs....will likely already know it.) Let me put it together and post it for universal MA edification.

But, I would gratefully state that it was a thread over there that did wonders helping me (and by extension, Bride) finally "close the door" on a wretched period of our lives - the Managing Memories thread by Mark1952.

Re: Reunion Station [Re: NeverGuessed] #327900
12/23/13 04:47 AM
12/23/13 04:47 AM
L
LadyGrey Offline
Professional Attorney
LadyGrey  Offline
Professional Attorney
L
In my opinion, Mark's Managing Memories should be required reading for anyone over the age of 18, preferably on an annual basis.

Seldom does one get solid information with specifics on how to handle the issue.

I felt tres stupid when I put it together in my infidelity context.

However, there are other memories that have to be handled and the road map is there.

The man is a jewel.

ETA: NG, you eluded to reservations about some aspects of the MB recovery program which you obviously could not flesh out in that context.

In the Program Reviews forum you will find a thread on pretty much every program out there. I believe your insights on the MB program would be most helpful. I have my own thoughts on the matter, but I'm on the wrong side of the infidelity fence.

Plus, I have always been really curious -- studied a lot of what you posted and couldn't figure it out. I can't stand it when I can't figure out stuff like that.

I'm sort of weird that way -- well, not just sort of. I'm just weird that way.

Last edited by LadyGrey; 12/23/13 04:54 AM.

Bidden or not bidden God is present.
Re: Reunion Station [Re: LadyGrey] #327907
12/23/13 05:05 AM
12/23/13 05:05 AM
SW Chicago 'burbs
Mark1952 Offline
Board of Directors
Mark1952  Offline
Board of Directors
SW Chicago 'burbs
NG,

Glad that my Memory Management thread helped. We have it published here as one of our articles and folks over at TAM have linked it in a couple of threads.

I know that a lot of my stuff over at Da Other Place still gets linked from time to time. I also know that some of it has either been removed or now resides in a hidden forum somewhere and that my screen name got changed a few times over there about a year or so ago and went through a few permutations before finally getting returned to my own name.

Welcome to MA. Glad you could join us.

Mark

mark1952.ma@gmail.com

I Was Thinking...

The secret to having a good marriage is to understand that marriage must be total, it must be permanent, and it must be equal.-- Frank Pittman
Re: Reunion Station [Re: LadyGrey] #328075
12/24/13 05:12 AM
12/24/13 05:12 AM
NeverGuessed Offline
Suspended
NeverGuessed  Offline
Suspended
NG, you eluded to reservations about some aspects of the MB recovery program which you obviously could not flesh out in that context.

LG: Any allusions I would make to personal dissatisfaction with the content of (in M1952's words) "D'other Place" would not be directed at the program per se. The program, and the principles that support and control it, are, IMHO, pretty well grounded.

Where I fell out with the site was with
  • the uneven, biased management and censorship of the content by the almost-exclusively-female Mod staff, becoming the worst of all affiliations, an "in crowd"
  • the long disavowed, but increasingly evident, existence of a "back channel" among the cabal of favored posters and Mods
  • the refusal to acknowledge that in ALL elements of life, including application of those principles, moderation must be the watchword.
So, the elevating stridency in my protestations at those items was going to be, and obviously became, the reason for my....dismissal.

I type this here with a clear conscience, as NOTHING contained above was withheld from my postings while there. (The fault that they were almost all moderated within moments of my sending, thereby not getting the viewing they deserved, cannot be attributed to NG!)

Re: Reunion Station [Re: NeverGuessed] #328103
12/24/13 02:43 PM
12/24/13 02:43 PM
S
SmilingWife Offline
Global Moderator
SmilingWife  Offline
Global Moderator
S
The beginning of the end for me began when I expressed uneasiness with the way a poster was being treated over Plan B. This exchange took place in Italy. A secret forum that was for posters fearful of being found by someone IRL. One female poster, Jr. Queen Bee, said to a poor BW, "are you going to get serious about Plan B or am I just wasting my time with you!" I replied something like, "ugh that was harsh and manipulative".

After that I was never again in favor. They moderated me at every turn, gave me a warning and then one day I said I missed School,Bus and immediately got my walking papers. Bizarre .

It has soured me on the program because if Dr. Harley is allowing that sort of cult like mentality on his board it feels like he is publishing reasonable books but actually advocates extremism.

Re: Reunion Station [Re: NeverGuessed] #328358
12/27/13 01:51 AM
12/27/13 01:51 AM
L
LadyGrey Offline
Professional Attorney
LadyGrey  Offline
Professional Attorney
L
Originally Posted By: NeverGuessed
NG, you eluded to reservations about some aspects of the MB recovery program which you obviously could not flesh out in that context.

LG: Any allusions I would make to personal dissatisfaction with the content of (in M1952's words) "D'other Place" would not be directed at the program per se. The program, and the principles that support and control it, are, IMHO, pretty well grounded.

• the uneven, biased management and censorship of the content by the almost-exclusively-female Mod staff, becoming the worst of all affiliations, an "in crowd"
  • the long disavowed, but increasingly evident, existence of a "back channel" among the cabal of favored posters and Mods
  • the refusal to acknowledge that in ALL elements of life, including application of those principles, moderation must be the watchword.
So, the elevating stridency in my protestations at those items was going to be, and obviously became, the reason for my....dismissal.

I type this here with a clear conscience, as NOTHING contained above was withheld from my postings while there. (The fault that they were almost all moderated within moments of my sending, thereby not getting the viewing they deserved, cannot be attributed to NG!)

This should be weird but isn't.

I am extremely unhappy about "elude" -- I realized it after the time for correction had passed -- and I noted your gentle correction.

I'm delighted to have you here to keep my game up. Where did you graduate college?

Re: Reunion Station [Re: LadyGrey] #328359
12/27/13 01:53 AM
12/27/13 01:53 AM
L
LadyGrey Offline
Professional Attorney
LadyGrey  Offline
Professional Attorney
L
Originally Posted By: LadyGrey
[quote=NeverGuessed]NG, you eluded to reservations about some aspects of the MB recovery program which you obviously could not flesh out in that context.

This should be weird but isn't.

I am extremely unhappy about "elude" -- I realized my mistake after the time for correction had passed -- and I noted your gentle correction.

I'm delighted to have you here to keep my game up. Where did you graduate college?

There are some early threads in the TD that touch on some of your reservations. I've no doubt you find them interesting reading. I was intent on learning the history of the people here and there such that it made sense to me. I was gobsmacked by the pain I found in that history.

Last edited by LadyGrey; 12/27/13 01:55 AM.

Re: Reunion Station [Re: LadyGrey] #328363
12/27/13 03:03 AM
12/27/13 03:03 AM
NeverGuessed Offline
Suspended
NeverGuessed  Offline
Suspended
Where did you graduate college?
Well, certainly not in the upper echelons academically, at either institution! laugh

Bachelor of Electrical Engineering - Manhattan College
Master of Business Administration - Rutgers University

To demonstrate my lack of omniscience - What is "TD"?

Re: Reunion Station [Re: NeverGuessed] #328364
12/27/13 03:17 AM
12/27/13 03:17 AM
Ace Offline
Advocate
Ace  Offline
Advocate
Originally Posted By: NeverGuessed
To demonstrate my lack of omniscience - What is "TD"?

Now that you have over 25 posts you may notice that the Forum Lists now show a "new" forum called the Thunderdome (scroll down).

Originally Posted By: From MA TOS
Thunderdome Rules

Marriage Advocates provides a specific forum where controversial subjects may be discussed. Thunderdome has been created to discuss and debate issues and topics not appropriate for other Forums, specifically but not limited to meta debates and discussions that tend to irrupt in threads meant to provide advice to those in need.

Entrance to Thunderdome is automatic upon signature to this Marriage Advocates Terms of Service and will activate after the posting of at least 25 posts in other Forums. Members read and participate in Thunderdome discussions at their own risk.

Moderation rules are specifically different in Thunderdome from those applicable in other Forums and are as set out in the Moderator Manual, the link to which is provided elsewhere in this Terms of Service.

Explore it at your leisure.

Ace

Last edited by Ace; 12/27/13 03:30 AM. Reason: quote TOS
Re: Reunion Station - BOB PURE are you out there? [Re: Ace] #331594
01/17/14 04:47 PM
01/17/14 04:47 PM
Ace Offline
Advocate
Ace  Offline
Advocate
Anyone heard from a Brit named Bob Pure? He was very helpful when I joined the Marriage Builders forums in 2007. He was one of the first to add a "y" to my name.

Hope he/you are OK. You're welcome on MA, BP. It'd be fun if you were our 1000th registered member!

Best wishes,

Acey

We're overcoming decades of marital dysfunction including abuse, passive aggression, gas-lighting & infidelity (both of us).

Re: Reunion Station [Re: Ace] #338756
03/11/14 06:35 AM
03/11/14 06:35 AM
Ace Offline
Advocate
Ace  Offline
Advocate
I was digging into this thread trying to see if the poster who validated me on MB was listed here. I think it was Longhorn or Mr. Goodstuff.

Then I found this gem:

Originally Posted By: Ace on Wed. May 11, 2011
Originally Posted By: Ace
Hi peppermint,

Welcome again. Just wondering if you have any contact with Miss M offline? How about Ohmy_Marie? Those are two posters who inspired me way back when and I've lost touch. It'd be great if you could invite them here to MA.

Originally Posted By: peppermint
peppermint
Member Registered: Sun Feb 20 2011
Loc: Carolina Blue Heaven

I was in regular contact with Marie, but haven't heard from her in a while and don't have her current address.

Hey Look, Peppermint....looks like ohmy_marie found MA. Hi Marie! waves

Ace

Hey Peppermint & Marie,

Check out the date on the above post - Nearly 3 years since I put that call-out just before you googled your old MB screen name, marie. Must have been fate, eh? BTW are either of you in touch with FaithHopeLove? She was in on the original discussion.

i tried to PM you marie but got bounced. are you not accepting emails or is there a glitch in the system we need to tell AR about?

Ace

Re: Reunion Station [Re: Ace] #346329
05/04/14 05:42 AM
05/04/14 05:42 AM
F
FooledMeTwice Offline
FooledMeTwice  Offline
F
Hello.

It is wonderful to have finally found "the best of the MB forum."

FMT

FMT
BS to FMTWH
D-Day was May 2012
Married over 24 years with two children under 10 years of age.
Re: Reunion Station [Re: FooledMeTwice] #346331
05/04/14 06:15 AM
05/04/14 06:15 AM
Ace Offline
Advocate
Ace  Offline
Advocate
Hi FMT,

Some think it's better, others not, but it's for sure different here. For one thing, our moderators are all transparent and use the same name to post as they do to moderate. And they don't moderate any thread where they've entered the discussion as a regular member. Also, they only flag for violations of TOS (Terms of Service), and a new penalty structure was recently launched to improve this process.

Also, posts don't disappear here even when the OP (original poster) asks that a thread be deleted. They are only moved to storage and if the OP changes his/her mind, they can be reinstated intact at a later date.

Sometimes threads get locked by the mods so meta posts (advice about "how to advise" not "how to help the poster") are tediously extracted and moved to the Thunderdome. Then the help thread is reopened sans meta which often takes on a life of its own in the TD where it's allowed.

We have a Construction Zone where the edit limit is 30 days (not 30-60 minutes) and the Blog forum edit time is 30 days, too. Another thing we're big on here is connecting with our members. I can't post very often (mostly evenings and weekends) but I like to welcome new members when I can to help them get engaged and connected. That way we're more comfortable and then we're able to help each other more efficiently. That reminds me of another major difference; the Board of Directors is open to suggestions and even criticism, as well as ideas to improve MA's overall effectiveness.

If you have any questions, just ask. We have enabled PM's (private messages) so if a question is too private, feel free to PM a moderator or member and someone will respond soon. PM's are the top option on the MY Stuff drop down on the upper task bar.

Best wishes,
Ace

Last edited by Ace; 05/04/14 06:28 AM.

Re: Reunion Station [Re: FooledMeTwice] #355720
07/12/14 03:22 PM
07/12/14 03:22 PM
Ace Offline
Advocate
Ace  Offline
Advocate
Originally Posted By: FooledMeTwice
Hello.

It is wonderful to have finally found "the best of the MB forum."

FMT

Hi FMT,

IMVHO (but shared by many, I'm sure) one of the best of the best on MB was briefly here on MA but sadly passed away last year --- he was known to most as Chrisner but many of us called him Coach.

In fact, I think I'll bump his blog in his honor with what I just realized is a milestone post for me. He used to tease me about my OCD for multiples of 5 and since I'm coming up on 3000 posts I think it's only fitting to do so.

How are you FMT? Hope you're doing well.

Ace

Last edited by Ace; 07/12/14 03:46 PM. Reason: add link to Chrisner's blog

Re: Reunion Station [Re: Ace] #356480
07/17/14 12:24 AM
07/17/14 12:24 AM
2long Offline
2long  Offline
Just ran in2 JL and his daughter a bit ago. We're at the same science mtg. Didn't have much time 2 talk, as he was on his way out. Should see him 2morrow some more.

-ol' 2long

Re: Reunion Station [Re: 2long] #356500
07/17/14 02:15 AM
07/17/14 02:15 AM
HI
O
Orchid2 Offline
Ambassador
Orchid2  Offline
Ambassador
O
HI
Hey 2L,
Tel JL we miss him. grin

Re: Reunion Station [Re: 2long] #356510
07/17/14 06:12 AM
07/17/14 06:12 AM
Ace Offline
Advocate
Ace  Offline
Advocate
Originally Posted By: 2long
Just ran in2 JL and his daughter a bit ago. We're at the same science mtg. Didn't have much time 2 talk, as he was on his way out. Should see him 2morrow some more.

-ol' 2long

Please give Just Learning a huge hug from Married for 30 Years. He helped her tremendously at the other place and she would give anything to let him know that she's still married and doing well, partially thanks to his advice and wisdom.

I've told her about MA and she is fearful of possibly reliving the past but if she could see a post on this thread from JL, I'll bet she would finally take the plunge and register just to tell JL how much his time and posts helped her 6-7 years ago.

Does anyone remember Married for 30 Years (MB "Just Found Out" forum, circa 2007 & 2008)? We've emailed over the years (having exchanged addresses just before the kabosh on such a practice was enforced). She is still the same great witty writer she was then.

Heck, please give JL a hug from me, too. smile

Ace

Re: Reunion Station [Re: Ace] #356533
07/17/14 02:15 PM
07/17/14 02:15 PM
2long Offline
2long  Offline
Originally Posted By: Ace

Heck, please give JL a hug from me, too. smile

Ace

In front of all those people? blush

I'll do what I can.

-ol' 2long

Re: Reunion Station [Re: 2long] #356549
07/17/14 03:08 PM
07/17/14 03:08 PM
southern USA
at peace Offline
at peace  Offline
southern USA
lol

"To know what is right and not do it is the worst cowardice."
wife...mom...nana...happy smile
Page 31 of 33 1 2 29 30 31 32 33

Moderated by  Fiddler 

Newest Members
KC1969, Love_Smacked, starfire, JoyfulMimi, bruers
2049 Registered Users
Latest Topics(Posts)
Johnny Depp Says He Stayed in Amber Heard Marriage 'Because My Father Stayed' in His4
"Hear, Here" ~ A new book on Effective Communication11
Steve Harley Counseling3
Hearts Blessing7
Woman urges NC lawmakers to end child marriage: For her it was a ‘life sentence’3
63 Marriage Facts1
COVID-19 and the Increased Likelihood of Affairs3
Updates Divorce Stats5
no more rainbow members?9
BR - The Art of War - Sun Tzu5
Community Information
2049Members
1Penalty Box
6Suspended

Forums
8503Topics
463540Posts