Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 12 guests, and 36 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
 Trending Topics(Posts)
1.The Next Stage - Plan B, Protection Phase6
2.The Joke Thread2
3.Woman urges NC lawmakers to end child marriage: For her it was a ‘life sentence’1
4.Updates Divorce Stats1
5.The Demand Man1
6.What's Wrong With "I Messages"1
7.I had a black dog. His name was depression1
8.Changes to MA's Main Menu Bar0
9.Disappearing Posts and Threads0
10.New process for display name change requests0
*By replies in last 2 weeks.
In The Media(Posts)
Woman urges NC lawmakers to end child marriage: For her it was a ‘life sentence’1
COVID-19 and the Increased Likelihood of Affairs3
Does anyone remember this story?3
Validation to find-win-win slutions2
Things men want3
These Are The Signs You're Dating A Narcissist3
Girlfriend's 'controlling' list of 22 rules for boyfriend goes viral: 'She sounds crazy'9
What Divorced Men Wish They Had Done Differently In Their Marriages7
Alienation of Affection / Criminal Conversation9
Would you pay your ex a 'break-up fee'? - BBC3
more >>
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Return of the Goddess #445574
05/22/21 01:46 AM
05/22/21 01:46 AM
M
Mimi Offline OP
Mimi  Offline OP
M
A little birdie told me someone was posting on my thread so I thought I would come back and say “Hi”. I still love my mani and pedis but have missing them since the pandemic. Still married to my husband, 45 years in July, still think about the affair though although it was ages ago.

Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445582
05/22/21 04:27 AM
05/22/21 04:27 AM
New Zealand
Lil Offline

Lil  Offline

New Zealand
Hi Mimi!

Congrats in 45 years, and thank you for saying that about the affair. Sometimes I wonder if it ever goes away

AKA Lildoggie

Just found out about your spouses affair?
Infidelity Guide For The Betrayed Spouse

Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Lil] #445585
05/22/21 09:57 AM
05/22/21 09:57 AM
M
Mimi Offline OP
Mimi  Offline OP
M
I have to think now that thoughts about the affair actually do not go away. It was too traumatic, like being stabbed, like living in hell. I sometimes look at my husband and think, how in the world could you have done that. However, all the blessings that have occurred in my life since then, such as 4 beautiful grandchildren, do outweigh its significance.

Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445593
05/22/21 07:29 PM
05/22/21 07:29 PM
SoCal
Chrysalis Offline
Global Moderator
Chrysalis  Offline
Global Moderator
SoCal
Oh wow I am so glad you brought that up Mimi! I too still feel a lot of trauma. Just the other day I had a new thought crop up, though, so I may be making progress. I remembered a time when we were dating that H was a supremely nasty person for months, while he was trying to decide to get married. I stuck it out and then we became so happy together for a number of years. He turned from a cad to a prince. Then when the As stated and kept going on for years and years it was repeated trauma after trauma, and that has stayed with me all these years since. I thought back to those early happy times the other day and wondered what I would have to change in my thoughts to get that again. He's here. He takes care of me when I am sick. We plan together for our lives. We care for our kids. We are safe and sheltered and secure. Am I able to let go of the trauma and enjoy today? Stay tuned, I'm still figuring it out.

Chrysalis
Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445594
05/22/21 10:22 PM
05/22/21 10:22 PM
Ace Offline
Advocate
Ace  Offline
Advocate
Originally Posted by Mimi
Still married to my husband, 45 years in July, still think about the affair though although it was ages ago.

I know what you mean, Mimi, Lil and Chrysalis. My situation was for only 6 months but the 4 d-days is what causes the trauma to continue. That's why it took nearly 13 years of recovery efforts ---and H's near death experience---to finally get to recoverED.

One of the reasons I didn't think we were recoverED was because I still remembered the affair and occasionally felt mild triggers with little seemingly obscure things.

I like your perspective, Mimi, in that the blessings we've received, like having grandchildren together, makes all the recovery efforts worthwhile.

When H nearly died, his confessions of things the kids and I would have never known helped solidify our being recoverED. It was if a peace and calm came over my present and our future so that the past no longer mattered.

I'm curious if anyone has started a thread on MA dealing with comparisons of being "In Recovery" and "Being RecoverED?"

We're overcoming decades of marital dysfunction including abuse, passive aggression, gas-lighting & infidelity (both of us).

Our Weird and Ongoing Story
Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445596
05/23/21 01:05 AM
05/23/21 01:05 AM
M
Mimi Offline OP
Mimi  Offline OP
M
And my grandkids absolutely LOVE their Granddad. He is really at his best now, would have missed all this and he knows it.

Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445597
05/23/21 01:19 AM
05/23/21 01:19 AM
M
Mimi Offline OP
Mimi  Offline OP
M
Oh, I forgot to tell y’all. We moved away from my hometown where I had lived most of my life and where the affair happened to live in the city where my sons and their families live. That was the best thing I have ever done in my life. I don’t know even like to visit there.

BUT I still do some nutty things that y’all would understand and I have never told anybody. The craziest thing I have done is kinda keep up with the OW. I kinda wish that I could tell my husband about her because she looks really bad, looks old and gained a zillion pounds and somehow had a baby at age 50. I just know she wanted to have a baby with him. I wish I wasn’t so caught up in it still. In December, it will be 20 years since D day, and it still stays on my heart.

And my husband is so good to me.

Affairs are major emotional traumas. No doubt.

Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445598
05/23/21 01:22 AM
05/23/21 01:22 AM
M
Mimi Offline OP
Mimi  Offline OP
M
Chrysalis: I feel it will always stay with me to some at extent. At least, I do not think about it every single day anymore.

Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445599
05/23/21 01:27 AM
05/23/21 01:27 AM
Ace Offline
Advocate
Ace  Offline
Advocate
Ouch, Mimi, I totally understand. I think it's remnants of BS Fog, which I had in triple doses (I tried to be her friend!)

Back then I kinda wanted to know if she ever left her H like she told WH she was going to.

But I avoid googling anything close to his or her name. I did it right after the A and saw a court case in his name...........but it was a traffic incident. I thought it might be a divorce which, at the time, I did NOT want to happen.

Doesn't matter now.

Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445600
05/23/21 01:50 AM
05/23/21 01:50 AM
New Zealand
Lil Offline

Lil  Offline

New Zealand

BUT I still do some nutty things that y’all would understand and I have never told anybody. The craziest thing I have done is kinda keep up with the OW. I kinda wish that I could tell my husband about her because she looks really bad, looks old and gained a zillion pounds

Ah snap. I checked out OW on Facebook about 5 years ago and she was so incredibly fat......looked even more poor white trash than she did back then. Had gotten married, and divorced again too.

I will never tell Flick this.

As far as flash backs, about once a year I will look at him with so much rage inside and think much that isnt beneficial to either of us. It usually goes away after a few minutes, mostly by remembering he is an amazing man, I am very lucky to have his unwavering support in anything I try, and there is no chance of that situation happening again.

Mostly because I will kill every one involved zen

Getting back to goddessing, I bought a new pair of boots today, to wear with a pair of pants I bought last week which hopefully will arrive this week in the post, said post being it's own random timing thing since covid. I guess the computers got sick?

Last edited by Lil; 05/23/21 04:18 AM. Reason: about the diameter of a medium bristle on a toothbrush

AKA Lildoggie

Just found out about your spouses affair?
Infidelity Guide For The Betrayed Spouse

Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Lil] #445602
05/23/21 02:21 AM
05/23/21 02:21 AM
M
Mimi Offline OP
Mimi  Offline OP
M
Lil:

You and I actually may be the same person. laugh1

Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445603
05/23/21 02:25 AM
05/23/21 02:25 AM
M
Mimi Offline OP
Mimi  Offline OP
M
Want to hear something funny? Well, I guess it can be considered funny. OW did get married a few years ago and her husband asked to friend my H on Facebook. My H asked: who in the heck is he?

Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445605
05/23/21 02:09 PM
05/23/21 02:09 PM
star*fish Offline
Board of Directors
star*fish  Offline
Board of Directors
I can relate to all of this stuff. Just yesterday---there is an old rock song, which I always loved--and it's named after a girl. Of course the name is OW's name. It's a song that even now gets played regularly on the classic stations. Every time I hear it--it triggers--and so I turn it off. Yesterday--I said to hell with that! It's a song. And it's not HER song. I sang it at the top of my lungs. In the new smoking red car that my H just bought me.

So good to see you Mimi!!!

Last edited by star*fish; 05/23/21 02:12 PM.

"Yes, I'll have the love combo, open faced with a side of respect and large a glass of forgiveness, easy on the ice please--my brother
Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445606
05/23/21 02:16 PM
05/23/21 02:16 PM
Ace Offline
Advocate
Ace  Offline
Advocate
Want to hear something funny? Well, I guess it can be considered funny. OW did get married a few years ago and her husband asked to friend my H on Facebook. My H asked: who in the heck is he?

That is kinda funny, but after my experience with OW fueling her addiction to my W?H through her friendship with me, I'm not so sure it's harmless.

Why do you think OW even mentioned your H? Or might there have been some other obscure reason that did not even involved OW? It is a small world and stranger things have happened.

Ace

P.S. If you're still reading this thread Sunday morning, May 23, Hi Starfish! waves

Last edited by Ace; 05/23/21 02:17 PM. Reason: Didn't see that Star was posting, only that she was reading!!!! Yes it is great to see Mimi and Lil and hopefully other MB veterans and MA posters coming back!

We're overcoming decades of marital dysfunction including abuse, passive aggression, gas-lighting & infidelity (both of us).

Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Ace] #445607
05/23/21 02:24 PM
05/23/21 02:24 PM
M
Mimi Offline OP
Mimi  Offline OP
M
I think her current husband must have been in the picture the whole while and he knew about my husband. Trying to check on my husband like I was checking on her. We all are a bit loopy.

LOL

Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445608
05/23/21 02:30 PM
05/23/21 02:30 PM
Ace Offline
Advocate
Ace  Offline
Advocate
Oh, I see.

The best part is that now that we've recovered, it doesn't really matter. Some of us are more loopy than others. smile

Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445609
05/23/21 02:36 PM
05/23/21 02:36 PM
star*fish Offline
Board of Directors
star*fish  Offline
Board of Directors
Ah....the "Loopy Quotient". It's just another name for hyper-vigilance--and it's damned hard to stop. It's as much like an addiction as an affair can be---just the other side of the coin. I consider myself pretty balanced as a person. I think I have healthy coping strategies, and yet--I've struggled after all of the years to stop obsessive thinking about the A. Granted, I've gotten infinitely better at dealing with the triggers, but I'm not sure the triggers ever disappear. Maybe they're not supposed to.

Last edited by star*fish; 05/23/21 02:37 PM.

"Yes, I'll have the love combo, open faced with a side of respect and large a glass of forgiveness, easy on the ice please--my brother
Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: star*fish] #445611
05/23/21 02:47 PM
05/23/21 02:47 PM
M
Mimi Offline OP
Mimi  Offline OP
M
Yea,, Starfish. I pretty much don’t obsess about it at all.
It’s like it was a different life. I can’t over being curious who could have made my husband go crazy like he did. I am not sure what the hell happened. Sometimes I feel he was possessed by a demon. This is why I have kept up with her. I really need to stop.

Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445614
05/23/21 03:50 PM
05/23/21 03:50 PM
S
SmilingWife Offline
Global Moderator
SmilingWife  Offline
Global Moderator
S
Just FYI, deciding to divorce doesn’t stop the pain either. I don’t question my decision, but I do still feel the trauma on a regular basis. I too keep up with the OW. She is still beautiful and financially successful....but she married another guy and they had a baby who is 5 now and they divorced a year ago. Her older son who is about 17 now has been through so many men in OWs life....

XH has gone on to be be very financially successful. Living the high life. He has a girlfriend who is living with him...,as well as her young daughter who is now about to leave for college. There is no way I could ever have trusted him again....and there were other things about him that did not fit with my needs.

I am very happy with Dh. We have a great relationship and we share our faith which is priceless to me, He is very trustworthy and we do guard our marriage closely.

We all have to make peace with our choices.

Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445615
05/23/21 04:20 PM
05/23/21 04:20 PM
M
Mimi Offline OP
Mimi  Offline OP
M
Happy for you, Smiling Joy! Those OW are really not worth our time.

My DH almost literally begged me to take him back after Marriage Builder’s Plan B. I really was strict about it.

He has been completely transparent with me for 20 years because I really was done. I understand your decision completely.

Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: SmilingWife] #445616
05/23/21 04:27 PM
05/23/21 04:27 PM
Ace Offline
Advocate
Ace  Offline
Advocate
Originally Posted by SmilingWife
We all have to make peace with our choices.

To me, that's one of the beauties of this forum, and, to an extent other forums.

We all have unique situations and one size does NOT fit all. But it's great when others are open to new thoughts and ideas that might---or may not---be the ideal solution to any given scenario.

For me, an ultimatum when I was done was what I needed. I didn't care if DH agreed or not. That approach might not work for others, but that's OK. It's the choice we make at the time based on our own perceptions. By my making peace with my choices, my DH saw a new "me" and chose to change, too. That's one reason we're still together.

Another aspect is that when I chose to change, it helped DH see that I could make better choices and it inspired him to look closer at his choices and actions. We changed together, which was very helpful.

Ace

Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445617
05/23/21 05:21 PM
05/23/21 05:21 PM
M
Mimi Offline OP
Mimi  Offline OP
M
I Yes, Ace I am totally changed in many important ways.

#1 Do not take anyone or anything for granted.

Ultimatum was a major part of my story, too. I think that scares him to this day.

# 2 I don’t depend on anyone for anything. I learned that I can live without him. I made it very clear that he enhances my life but I can do without him if I have to do that. He was dead to me anyways. I felt like a widow /

Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445618
05/23/21 06:03 PM
05/23/21 06:03 PM
Ace Offline
Advocate
Ace  Offline
Advocate
I learned that I can live without him. I made it very clear that he enhances my life but I can do without him if I have to do that..... I felt like a widow /

When DH nearly died in 2019, I experienced this pseudo reality. I called to make sure our insurance plans were up to date. But I did not update the rest of our Estate Plans until much later....like, just before 2020 Christmas. Details on another forum.

I actually pictured myself as a widow.....because I nearly was.

I don't wish that experience on anyone but it was very eye-opening. It was probably good that I was working full-time while being a caregiver so I didn't have time to obsess on the dire situation I was in...WE were in. It could have made it much worse.

To clarify, the 2 times he nearly died, I was with him in the hospital, not at my office working. I worked evenings and weekends when DD was home in case we had another emergency.

Another thought....when DH collapsed, the trauma made my mind go blank, almost like during DDays. I could not think to give our home address to the dispatcher. Thank God for Enhanced 911 and our home phone landline. (I think the GPS on cell phones works in the same way, now....if it is activated).

Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445620
05/23/21 09:19 PM
05/23/21 09:19 PM
M
Mimi Offline OP
Mimi  Offline OP
M
LOVE....says it all

Re: Return of the Goddess [Re: Mimi] #445621
05/23/21 09:21 PM
05/23/21 09:21 PM
M
Mimi Offline OP
Mimi  Offline OP
M
Life is so amazing

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fiddler, Miranda 

Newest Members
Love_Smacked, starfire, JoyfulMimi, bruers, shattered72
2048 Registered Users
Latest Topics(Posts)
Woman urges NC lawmakers to end child marriage: For her it was a ‘life sentence’1
63 Marriage Facts1
COVID-19 and the Increased Likelihood of Affairs3
Updates Divorce Stats4
no more rainbow members?9
BR - The Art of War - Sun Tzu5
Questions & Answers About Marriage---responses from 7-10 year old kids4
seeing new members on mobile version5
Return of the Goddess31
Chrisner - the war of the waywards3
Community Information
2048Members
1Penalty Box